I know nothing, so how does this look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't much experience with lowering but from what I've learned from the forums is that you usually don't want to use lowering coil arms and drop spindles. As long as you choose one or the other you
Are fine. Since you are asking about the front, what I would do for static is buy a 5" drop for the front. The kits usually entail a 2" drop spindle and a 3" lowering coil spring. I tend to make people stay away from lowering control arms because it screws with the geometry while the drop spindles don't. I would also recommend buying stock lower control arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Drop spindles and drop arms put the spring pocket too close to the ground. The pockets will scrape all the time.

The raised lower ball joint in addition to the heated coil puts the upper control arm in a raised position at ride height. This pulls the upper ball joint in towards the frame due to the arc of the arms swinging motion. (negative camber) The UCA cam bolts probably to not have enough adjustment to remove the negative camber.

If you drive the truck a lot, you will chew up tires fast because the small range of motion will push and pull the bottom of the tire in and out away from the frame an exaggerated amount.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do drop spindles move the spring pocket too close to the ground?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do drop spindles move the spring pocket too close to the ground?

drop spindles don't but dropped lower control arms do it that's how they get the drop out of the arm by just lowering the spring pocket

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I know lowering controls arm does but like you said drop spindles don't and I don't want the op to get fonfised

bygddy

Reaction score
Not trying to sound harsh at all..lol. I'm just saying if you can't afford to change it right now and your fine with the way it is, then do it. Previous owner was a welder and if it's good to drive, why not drive it..lol. Were just saying camber and geometry is off because of it. You can try adjusting it and seeing if that helps. But it's all in what you want to do. Trust me, you don't seem to be coming off as "That guy". You asked concerns, we try to help. I'm bad about trying to help, but don't ever want to come off as a know it all. I'm not a guru by far.. I can speak on my experiences and knowledge of others experiences shared. But I believe in the to each his own theory. You do what works for you in your situations. If I were in your spot it roll it like it is. I'd do what I could when I could to make it how I want it. That's why I recommend reading up on others builds, it gives you more variety on different approaches to what all ends up being pretty much same goal.

Not harsh at all man, I appreciate the help, believe me lol.
And that "I'm bored" just made me spit coffee out of my nose lol.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's why I said use drop spindles and not lowering control arms/raised balljoint like he has

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
It's the two together that put the pocket too low. Drop control arms are nothing but tubular arms with a deeper cup. The drop spindles move the wheel up and the arms down so the cup is 2" closer to the ground which is added to what the drop arms have already accomplished.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah I see what you are saying. Yea I know not to use both combined. That's kind of what was implying, but guess it wasn't clear enough