How to paint it CHEAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
make sure if u have a compressor drain it an hour before and right before u paint if u dont have a dessicant filter system on ur compressor. And to hlep blend blend about half of ur door that way u cant tell a diffrence

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
I painted a door on my old s10 blazer with some thinned down rustoleum and a harbor freight gravity feed spray gun I got for $10. Looked exactly like the factory paint and I saw it a month or so ago and it still looked just as good after 4-5 years.

Just an idea cause you could do a front clip easily for $50 like that.

Driver door is what I painted.

You must be registered for see images attach

how was that cheap gun, never used one yet i have 6 sprayguns (not cheapos either) and i dont want to use them when i paint my truck

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
how was that cheap gun, never used one yet i have 6 sprayguns (not cheapos either) and i dont want to use them when i paint my truck

I thought it did a great job for what I paid for it and how the finish product came out. I don't have any experience with a nice automotive paint gun though to compare it by either so it might have been crappy and not known it.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as for draining goes, yes most definately but honestly buy the little $5-10 filter water filter that is and use it before the gun.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
In all honesty...with paint, you don't want to go the cheapest route if you want it to look good, and LAST. Remember, you get what you pay for, all the time.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I beg to differ.

That cheapo single stage limco paint job I did on the 85 monte carlo ss still looks as good as it did when I sprayed it, and it's been like 5 years now.

rattle can from wally world, no it aint gonna last.

spray cans from the body shop supply, yes it will last.

You can go cheap and it last for a good while, or you can go up in price a bit and be sure it'll last just as long or longer.

Those rustoleum paint jobs I've heard hold up nicely too, over 9 years on a covair and stil looked as good.