How To: Install 130mph Police Cluster, Swap Odometer, & Swap Step Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a line on one but it's gonna be a few years. Police package burb. Has the DRL off and aux light switches too. I want it all but I can't get it until that burb goes up for retirement.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

SmittySS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled an Escalade and a Z56 cluster from the junk yard today.

Does anyone know what the reason is for the wire that has to be added to the Z56 cluster?
I'm just curious, I like to know why I have to do things :p

I'm not sure I want to put either of these clusters in my Suburban. I'm thinking my brother might want to put one of them in his. He has a 99 with 330k on the original engine and trans, we are planning on doing a 6.0 swap with it in the not so distant future...
Smitty

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I just pulled an Escalade and a Z56 cluster from the junk yard today.

Does anyone know what the reason is for the wire that has to be added to the Z56 cluster?

I'm not sure I want to put either of these clusters in my Suburban. I'm thinking my brother might want to put one of them in his. He has a 99 with 330k on the original engine and trans, we are planning on doing a 6.0 swap with it in the not so distant future...
Smitty

An Esky AND a Z56 cluster from the same yard?!
I hope I get that lucky when I go on my salvage yard run!

I think adding the wire just keeps the cluster from tripping a code or something? If that's possible, someone can step in and correct me.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The speedometer, tach, nor PRNDL work without the jumper wire. I thought I bought a bad cluster til i read this thread. Soldered the wire in ,installed,and everything worked. I definitely appreciate the people who share knowledge on this forum, hopefully I will have something to contribute one day.

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone has one for sell let me know. My parts yard here never gets anything like that lol. Email me at rodneypowell01 (at) yahoo.com
Thanks

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures are up above in post. I'm keeping the dash panel. Cluster worked fine when I pulled it from my 99 TahoeZ56 late last summer. Asking $100.00. + shipping

Xanatost

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shipping to 70503? I see you have the DRL switch. How did you hook it up? I have one but haven't gotten around to hooking it up yet. I'm fixing to change out my dash and when I do that I was going to look into hooking up the switch.