How hard to make these wheels fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I have the 18's and really like the look

You must be registered for see images attach

I thought with the back spacing not being OBS friendly it would bring the wheels in too far.....i guess thats on 2wd's ........once i find a set i need to just buy them and see where im at, and figure it out then. After seeing this beauty, im locked in on getting those 18's... your truck looks really good I like the color too!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok....from the looks of your sig pic your wheels are way out there now..so the new wheel offset may actually help you bring it closer to stock track width. To convert your front end you will just need rotors from a C2500LD of the same year as your truck. As for rearend you could use adapters or just pick up a 4x4 rear end which will widen your rear end a bit since the 4wd rear diff is 2" wider then the 2wd. Plus you could use the opportunity to regear and possibly gain a 14 bolt semi floating axle along with a G80 limited slip rear diff. With the 4wd rear diff the rear wheels would sit the same as they are on the green 4wd posted above. If the above idea interests you just watch for a K1500 Diesel model in the junkyards since most of them were equipped with the 14b semi floater. Otherwise watch for K1500s with the F44 code on the RPO list in the glove box. F44 is the heavy duty suspension upgrade which gives a K1500 3/4 ton springs and t bars...and a lot of the time the afformentioned 14b SF rear diff.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Ill probably go wheel adapters in back. and when I get the rims, ill figure out what im gonna do up front. from cruising the forum, eventually that 10 bolt is gonna call it quits, when that time comes ill go for that 14 bolt swap.

thanks for the Info, ill keep that in mind next time im at the pick and pull.

Incredible Hulk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought with the back spacing not being OBS friendly it would bring the wheels in too far.....i guess thats on 2wd's ........once i find a set i need to just buy them and see where im at, and figure it out then. After seeing this beauty, im locked in on getting those 18's... your truck looks really good I like the color too!

No fitment issue with mine... And I like the "Texas" 20's but I like more sidewall and didnt want to re gear or lift for bigger tires. And thanks.. Recent repaint and am real happy with the added flares and Silver lower

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yes, the backspacing issue is only on the 2wd's. The 4x4 guys can bolt them straight on.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
No fitment issue with mine... And I like the "Texas" 20's but I like more sidewall and didnt want to re gear or lift for bigger tires. And thanks.. Recent repaint and am real happy with the added flares and Silver lower

Im happy for you!

Yes, the backspacing issue is only on the 2wd's. The 4x4 guys can bolt them straight on.

oh well!

If I had known the path I was gonna take with this truck, I would of gone 4wd 9yrs ago......