How hard to make these wheels fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
The first time I saw these wheels, I immediatley thought they would look pretty sweet on my truck, and great upgrade to my 90's style rims.

so does anyone have experience trying to get these wheels to mount, I know you cant just throw them on, but How much work is involved?

I like both of these styles, but i think 20's are too big for a truck that actually get offroad action. top picture is a 20 inch wheel bottom picture are 18 inch wheels and are the ones I would like to mount on my truck

thanks
D

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Shouldn't be harder then a direct bold on ... as long as you have a 4x4, 6 bolt. If your running a 265, should bolt no problem. using a 285, that might be abit different in that case...

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I have a 2wd 5 lug truck......guess i should of stated that

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
ohh ... you need the front hub assembly for a 2wd 2500, the rear, your best bet is to change your rear axle to a 14bolt with 6 lug. Im not sure if you could change just the axle shafts to a 2500 set up. Another thing im not 100 percant sure on is, if you need a new spindle as well, or just the hub...

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
man I was really hoping I could just yank 2 axle shafts and some drums from the junkyard. that will be nice if the front is just a new hub assembly.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
ive never used wheel adapters, most of them on the link provided shows them being 2 inches thick, so they obviously push the wheel out another 2 inches....right? what are the downsides? If I could do a 2500 2wd hub swap up front and wheel adapters out back id would consider it, I dont wanna make the front end any wider.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Since he said he'd rather have the 18's, replicas probably aren't an option. Convert the truck to 6 lug and run the OEM wheels. Problem is the backspacing of those really isn't good for GMT400's, especially 2WD's; they have too much backspacing. In this case using adapters instead of converting really might benefit you a bit. You can easily get them 1" thick. IF the OEM wheels have little pockets between the lug holes, you may not even need to trim your wheel studs. If they have a completely flat mounting surface, you'll need to trim the studs a small amount.

Richard