How can I fill in window crank holes on door panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I dislike aftermarket speakers in the door panels. The tweeters were a solution to not have to replace the panels, and turned out pretty well. I wouldn't put anything else in the door, however, unless I could make it look factory as possible. A speaker with a stock style grille in the lower portion could look good.

My door panels are likely different than yours, being mine is an 88 and yours is a 94. The early trucks used a very plain/flat panel which became the lower level door panel a few years later.
You must be registered for see images attach

On my 98, obviously it has the newer style door panels, but I added a GMT800 pillar tweeter to the door panel above the stock speaker. The reason being is the escalade/denali switch panels do not have a tweeter like the stock speakers did.
You must be registered for see images attach
Those panels look great. My panels are indeed the super flat ones. I like that, though. If I were to put speakers in my door panels, I obviously would have to cut them up and I don't know if that would add to the over all look of my truck I'm going for. I have a set of kicker 6.5"s with grills that would work but the grills have a very aftermarket look and I'm interested in more low key mods (I guess that's a sign of growing old. I used to love the heavy aftermarket look).I noticed my dye is wearing off in a few spots so I'll need to redo the entire panel soon so I'll get all the problems knocked out at once.

Blackpala96

Reaction score
Wait wait wait... I can use non electric door panels in my electric window truck? If this is true, this is yuuuuuge... The op is right, door panels are ridiculously expensive and my "local" boneyard only has manual window/lock trucks.