Headlight Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyde...ighting-in-general.36647/page-128#post-946842

If you get a chance I highly recommend checking out shovelbill's thread at the link above. Tons and tons of great info about headlights, lighting, and at this point alot of other random things since there are parts in which it goes off topic (a few of my questions were guilty of that lol) but tons of different ideas on things like auxiliary lighting and tail/brake lights as well

Holy crap. 128 pages in that thread. Gonna need some snacks

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Random commentary:

This reply has less to do with the topic of this thread and more to do with what I gained from it.

I added my 2 cents here earlier, as a budding enthusiast who wants to mingle with those who share his interests and to seek the wisdom of who's "been there - done that" would do.
I'm not new to car forums. I belong to several other ones. Each pertaining to one of my cars/bikes past and present. I've always enjoyed the wealth of information (and mis-information lol) available. As well as the banter between members.
Which brings me to the reason for my commentary.
While I hoped to add something useful, the information I offered in my post was quickly pointed out to be hogwash!, ill-intentioned and unsuitable by those much wiser than I on the subject.
I've been fairly active in forums in general and I am certain that this was definitely not the first time I've been the perpetrator of misinformation myself, about any given subject. I would say that my knowledge, with some exception is largely wide and not deep. I'm like the alcoholic at a wine tasting when it comes to hobbies -"Don't care just lemme try'em all and now".
When my post in this thread was flagged for execution, I felt like the guy that hit Alex Trebec's buzzer on time but forgot to start his sentence with "what is".
This is not a complaint. I'm happy to be corrected when I am wrong (happens a lot). Insert shovelbill's quote here. I believe it was "no....no....no." Lmao.
The subsequent exchange, where I conceded to my blunder, prompted me to read this long ass thread from beginning to end and I've come to this conclusion - automotive lighting is by far the nerdiest and ardent subject I've ever come across in any vehicle discussion. A more fervent debate will not be found outside of politics, religion and sports.
Having said that -
Lighting modification is definitely something that should be done with prudence, regard for fellow drivers and within lawful compliance.
Yes. I'm a nerd too. Just not on this subject. Sorry shovelbill - and thanks for prodding this newbie along. Looking forward to you calling me out again soon.

Honorable mention to "DuctTape4Ever" for best screen name

good mornin'

While I hoped to add something useful, the information I offered in my post was quickly pointed out to be hogwash!, ill-intentioned and unsuitable by those much wiser than I on the subject.

i think you've swung the pendulum a bit too far to the opposite side....of course reading words on a page is not the same as speaking face to face and lookin someone in the eye. there's no way to hear inflection and judge the tone....i didn't make that post to admonish you in public. what is "flagged for execution"? LOL.....dear God, i think ya took it as an affront to your person.

if i understood you correctly you read the "Spyder" thread....that should have given you an idea, albeit after the fact, of how i am somewhat and how i operate.

i'm quite passionate about what i attempt to do....tis why i invite any and all commentary and information to my quires and observations. i sure as fu@k don't know everything and WANT to be corrected. not only does it set the record straight, it ofen leads to understanding and the injection of friendly banter makes "learning" on forums much more palatable than reading someone's dissertation. bieng humble and remaining teachable are actually my strong suits.

i too am a veteran of one forum....Shovelhead.US......i found it when i came home from prison and chose to change my lifestyle, which included retiring myself from my former motorcycle club. i ws an officer in that club too.....that was the hardest decision i had to make in my life and it left me more than dejected. that forum....and the people i actually met from there helped save my soul....along with my strengthening 2 year old sobriety....not speaking figuratively either. i have become friends with some of these folks, like "best friends" kind of friendship....like going to Maryland to giving my friend Pauly's eulogy. RIP Pauly....so in some ways i DO take things seriously.....

and i've seen too many accidents and gone to too many funerals because of issues with driving, safety issues like lighting......remember, i spend most of my life on the hurricane deck of a Harley....idiots in cars can be quite the problem....especially when an ignoramus on a motorcycle dazzles and "blinds" a driver into making them a hood ornament.

ok....there.....i've gone somewhat off topic once again.

my intention was not to chastise you, just to try and prevent misinformation as i saw it.
if Will from SMS DID say what i thought you said he did, then he would need to be corrected and or asked to clarify those "suggestions"....he gives MASSES of people information, information that people take as "gospel". THAT could be deadly.....i'm not joking.

i have given "wrong" information too, i correct it when i see it and HOPE someone else does before it become a new "norm" or the ANSWER...thanks to michael hurd......fu@k, i'm harder on myself than how you perceived my retort.....LOL

so lighten up.....i had to go back an re-read what i wrote to see if i was a bit too abrasive....i don't see it.

no harm, no foul....let's continue to learn and have fun whilst doing it......ya may as well hang-up if things aren't fun.

have a good day all, be well and stay safe.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good mornin'

i think you've swung the pendulum a bit too far to the opposite side....of course reading words on a page is not the same as speaking face to face and lookin someone in the eye. there's no way to hear inflection and judge the tone....i didn't make that post to admonish you in public. what is "flagged for execution"? LOL.....dear God, i think ya took it as an affront to your person.

if i understood you correctly you read the "Spyder" thread....that should have given you an idea, albeit after the fact, of how i am somewhat and how i operate.

i'm quite passionate about what i attempt to do....tis why i invite any and all commentary and information to my quires and observations. i sure as fu@k don't know everything and WANT to be corrected. not only does it set the record straight, it ofen leads to understanding and the injection of friendly banter makes "learning" on forums much more palatable than reading someone's dissertation. bieng humble and remaining teachable are actually my strong suits.

i too am a veteran of one forum....Shovelhead.US......i found it when i came home from prison and chose to change my lifestyle, which included retiring myself from my former motorcycle club. i ws an officer in that club too.....that was the hardest decision i had to make in my life and it left me more than dejected. that forum....and the people i actually met from there helped save my soul....along with my strengthening 2 year old sobriety....not speaking figuratively either. i have become friends with some of these folks, like "best friends" kind of friendship....like going to Maryland to giving my friend Pauly's eulogy. RIP Pauly....so in some ways i DO take things seriously.....

and i've seen too many accidents and gone to too many funerals because of issues with driving, safety issues like lighting......remember, i spend most of my life on the hurricane deck of a Harley....idiots in cars can be quite the problem....especially when an ignoramus on a motorcycle dazzles and "blinds" a driver into making them a hood ornament.

ok....there.....i've gone somewhat off topic once again.

my intention was not to chastise you, just to try and prevent misinformation as i saw it.
if Will from SMS DID say what i thought you said he did, then he would need to be corrected and or asked to clarify those "suggestions"....he gives MASSES of people information, information that people take as "gospel". THAT could be deadly.....i'm not joking.

i have given "wrong" information too, i correct it when i see it and HOPE someone else does before it become a new "norm" or the ANSWER...thanks to michael hurd......fu@k, i'm harder on myself than how you perceived my retort.....LOL

so lighten up.....i had to go back an re-read what i wrote to see if i was a bit too abrasive....i don't see it.

no harm, no foul....let's continue to learn and have fun whilst doing it......ya may as well hang-up if things aren't fun.

have a good day all, be well and stay safe.

Hey shovelbill. Don't let my colorful writing project malice or spite towards you. I've received no injuries from your editorial of my post. One thing I may have failed to convey is that this, while humorous at times, is what I love about these forums. Most people in (in here) are all business. They wanna get in, get what they need and roll out. "See ya when the next thing breaks". That's all well and good but it's the passion of people like you that make these forums interesting and not just a trough for information. So please don't think I was at all upset with ya. I appreciate you sir. It is all in good fun. Cheers

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some goodies in the mail. Going to try to mount them on the stock brackets as the new onew feel kinda flimsy. 9011 bulb fit perfect.
You must be registered for see images attach

Markus

Reaction score
Not cheap, not safe, not bright ( literally ) and not legal.

Vehicular headlamps are federally regulated.

Yes, for off-road use only. I contemplated after getting new lenses for my truck. Decided just to go with name brand Halogens. A projector setup would be nice with HID's, but I cannot find one for this 99' So reflector and halogens it is!