Low beam headlight upgrade. Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i recently started using the gtr ultra 2's here are comparisons
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I watched this guy a few years back on a similar video for Atv LED’s. I followed him down the rabbit hole, now 4 brand new LED’s are sitting in a box. :nono:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
The light above the 'cutoff' that I think your seeing is actually part of the desired effect with Artebs, along with the much improved spread on the ground. The angled cutoffs are designed to lay the light away from oncoming traffic but shine more toward the ditch where depressed critters are waiting jump in front the largest truck they can find.
That was funny as hell...Though I do believe if my understanding and recollection are correct, that SAE lamps put 20% of the light upward to see better our overhead signs, and the ECE lamps kick up to the right to illuminate their signs that are on the right side of the road. So, I'll roll with reflected light from the snow. At first, I thought it to be abstract light from an LED or HID, but I now know differently.

Most critters need a psych-eval...., especially the human variety. I've had mine.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That was funny as hell...Though I do believe if my understanding and recollection are correct, that SAE lamps put 20% of the light upward to see better our overhead signs, and the ECE lamps kick up to the right to illuminate their signs that are on the right side of the road. So, I'll roll with reflected light from the snow. At first, I thought it to be abstract light from an LED or HID, but I now know differently.

Most critters need a psych-eval...., especially the human variety. I've had mine.

And?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I have an '88 GMT400, are these any good for lowbeam replacements? https://www.headlightexperts.com/lo...ckOunDmQnH3NrpQnOsAZP7NyraXF90vAaAvmREALw_wcB
No...No, for the love of God, no. Nancy Reagan said, "just say no."

Read this article, and it's very good: https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/...-upgrades-bosch-t84-e-code-headlights.182354/
He is also a member of this forum. The LMC lenses, a harness, and some Philolips XtremeVision +130s. You may get lucky and find a set of those Bosch H4 lamps. I've been looking on and off for around seven years. I do have the high-beam lamps; they come up every now and then on eBay.

I'm going to go read your build thread.

ZacMoto

Reaction score
No...No, for the love of God, no. Nancy Reagan said, "just say no."

Read this article, and it's very good: https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/...-upgrades-bosch-t84-e-code-headlights.182354/
He is also a member of this forum. The LMC lenses, a harness, and some Philolips XtremeVision +130s. You may get lucky and find a set of those Bosch H4 lamps. I've been looking on and off for around seven years. I do have the high-beam lamps; they come up every now and then on eBay.

I'm going to go read your build thread.
Thanks for the information. I recently added some Rough Country led flood/fog lights & a 30" lightbar with DRL function. Haven't driven it at night yet but it's bound to be better than the stock headlights...

Attachments

• 20230223_120557.jpg
    20230223_120557.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 7