Hank Hill's 88 GMC RCLB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Looks good! Have you ever thought about colormatching the Red GMC badge to the tan or brown?

I havent thought of colourmatching the GMC logo but I was about to colourmatch the grille, thats why most of the chrome is gone, but I never finished it haha. Ill try some photoshop to see what the logo would look like. And thanks!

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
On a separate note, do the clutches on these trucks adjust after a bit? I got that brand new clutch kit installed and it felt really good for about a week and a half but feels like its gone back to the way it was, less the horrid grinding noise. Im not abusing the clutch at all either so it would be astonishing if it was a result of wear and the brand new clutch is toast again after a few months compared to the 25 years the last one lasted. Or maybe Im just used to its feel again and Im over analyzing its action.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Figure Id post in an update, havent been around the site too much lately. I had to get the hydraulic line for the clutch done at the shop after it leaked all the fluid out on my 8 hour move back home. Not much else since then until yesterday and today I've been crawling under it fixing wiring and chasing rabbits. Re-did the whole 7-Pin RV plug on the rear since its been broken and a complete rats nest of wiring since, probably the early 90s. Now just figuring out the trailer brake controller and why the wire that's supposed to be 12v constant from the battery is grounding out when the trailer brake activates. Ugh. And finally the driver's side brake light only seems to work when Jupiter lines up with Saturn just right, OR if I use a blinker. I know Im an electrician but hell I hate doing vehicle wiring, especially under the dash.

Wish I had the before picture but this is heaps better than what it was

You must be registered for see images attach

Had to take the spare tire off to get some wire through easier, aaaaaand the frame/cross members look just horrible :(

The bug visor also broke from the turbulence behind a semi going the other way

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
My bug shield is getting rather thin and flimsy, any day that could happen to me.

Yeah mine started to have cracks splitting up from where it was "bolted" on either side of the center. Still shocked when it finally let go haha

Nice, have you ever run across aftermarket corner lights for that grille?

No I havent. Where I live its hard to get any decent aftermarket anything and craigslist is a ghost town so I have to order online. I was planning on repainting the whole grille but havent gotten around to it. With the colour scheme on this truck being as old as it is any aftermarket lights would look so out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
A wire brush and a little paint and that frame would look great. I like Rustoleum Pro for frames/chassis.

I like the truck alot! Do you have a fuel gage in your dash?

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
A wire brush and a little paint and that frame would look great. I like Rustoleum Pro for frames/chassis.

I like the truck alot! Do you have a fuel gage in your dash?

Yup, I think Im gonna spend a little quality time with the truck this summer and do some paining and rust repair.

Thanks man! I do have a fuel gauge and it used to work until some dumb*** overfilled my propane tank and now its all out of whack. I didnt really go by it anyway. I wish my dash had a tach though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk