Hank Hill's 88 GMC RCLB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Just read through the thread, truck looks amazing! Is this a true 3/4 ton or a half ton with a 14 Bolt? What kind of mileage do you get running on LP?

Thanks! Im pretty certain its a true 3/4 ton. It has the 3.73 GT4 rear end in it; at least thats what compnine says. The past few months Ive been averaging 7mpg but with the new clutch it should get better.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks! Im pretty certain its a true 3/4 ton. It has the 3.73 GT4 rear end in it; at least thats what compnine says. The past few months Ive been averaging 7mpg but with the new clutch it should get better.

Owch, 7mpg; suddenly I feel pretty good about my 16. And have you ever thought about getting new wheels? Like PYOs or something?

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Owch, 7mpg; suddenly I feel pretty good about my 16. And have you ever thought about getting new wheels? Like PYOs or something?

Yeah, not great mileage but the price of propane is cheaper compared to gas up here. Nah I havent looked at any new wheels yet. Normally I have the stock steelie covers but the wheels I have now came off my dads 06 Avalanche. The PYOs would look good though!

white_trash88

Im too drunk to taste that chicken
Reaction score

His trucks a 6 lug not an 8. Its a light duty 3/4 ton. Its a beautiful truck, i got a black 1500 rclb just like this and i love it to death. I love the 2 tones

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score

Yeah, not great mileage but the price of propane is cheaper compared to gas up here. Nah I havent looked at any new wheels yet. Normally I have the stock steelie covers but the wheels I have now came off my dads 06 Avalanche. The PYOs would look good though!

I also left out that my truck idled a lot; upwards of an hour a day because of how damn cold it gets up here, so 7 MPG non-highway driving and lots of idling haha.