Hank Hill's 88 GMC RCLB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Took the tool box and remaining antenna off the truck today. Havent seen it this bare in a long time

You must be registered for see images attach

Walked around the truck and took pictures of all the little imperfections Id like to fix. Lots of little dents, dings, scratches and rust that need some light bondo and some wire wheeling.

Rear bumper is quite rusty so Im going take some time and get a good repaint on it. My grille has been half-baked since last summer so Id really like to get that done.

Then I drove 2 hours to the city to pick this up.

And just like that, its back to looking like an old man truck hahah.

This little bugger tried to hitch a ride. We killed it dead super quick.

For those that cant see it, its just below the "O" on that plastic bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Oot and aboot today.

Washed the truck so I could get the bug cakes off the grille and the nasty stuff out of the canopy. Probably the cleanest Ive seen the truck. I think the spot with the best/untouched paint is the rear drivers side of the box haha.

So anyway, took out the light bar and disconnected the wires at the lights for the 4Hi. The lightbar has been hanging by wire on the one side for awhile because a bolt came out. Ive found this to be a pretty common issue with light bars. And the wires for the 4Hi werent very secure so I would get flickering every time I hit a small bump.

Hey remember how I painted every light bezel in the front? Yeah those didnt last long

Ive been wanting mesh stone guards for my lights for awhile since the whole housing is glass and I didnt want them to break. A little late now.

3/4 have a rock chip or crack. Anyone know where to get replacement lights? Im a little worried for when these do end up dying because I have no clue where to get them. Or if anyone has a link kicking around for mesh stone guards those would be cool too haha.

Took grille off for painting. Gonna sit for a bit with a razor and get the rest of the chrome off, then I gotta pack for a music festival.

Oh yeah, should mention I bought a car from my sister a few months ago. She didnt even drive it and I sorta took over fixing it up. Now she got my uncle's mint Mazda B3000.

RICE ROCKET HOONDA

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holly cap! Those mesh covers for the headlights are hard to find because most people have headlight bulbs, I lost one of mine and been on the lookout. They are online but kinda expensive. The lights however are still super available in every parts store and truck stop because same size as a lot of big rigs

Sent from my 6' ladder using Tapatalk

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Holly cap! Those mesh covers for the headlights are hard to find because most people have headlight bulbs, I lost one of mine and been on the lookout. They are online but kinda expensive. The lights however are still super available in every parts store and truck stop because same size as a lot of big rigs

Sent from my 6' ladder using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for the info! Yeah I figured they were gonna be pretty hard to find. Im considering making my own at this point. And thats super good to know about the lights, I figured tons of stuff still used them, glad they arent phased out.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Not much to report. Picked up a set of 235/85/16 tires and steelie rims for free. The tires are probably rotten from sitting in a yard for years but still, free stuff right?

The insurance on the truck is expired and I dont feel like re-insuring it so it'll sit once again. I feel Ill need to sink a lot of cash into the truck soon. Needs front end work for sure and theres a bearing(s) making noise in the transmission.

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you use for paint in your rear bumper, if you don't mind me asking?