half decent sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my dad is gonna try to sell the house stereo for me a system. if we can get what he wants out of it i can probably get either 2 10s or 1 12 and a good amp&head unit

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ah, what brand is the house unit? I don't need one myself, I'm just curious. My home stereo is actually too big for the size of room, it would need a 1000+ sq ft room to not be overkill. :evillol: Fisher Home Theater :rocking:

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a pioneer, not sure what watts it is but its pushin 2 15s and 2 12s

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh nice, it's one of the bigger ones. probably a 500w head unit, I've got a few of them in that power range, sonys, pioneers, and panasonics, all in the 450-640watt range and they're made to run those size speakers.

My fisher is a 2000w, the only aftermarket speaker was a center unit(5-channel system, but only came with 4 boxes): center channel is a box with 10", 4" and 2"; rear boxes each have 12", 4", and 2"; front boxes each have 18", 4, and 2"....playing cod:waw with the mg40 at half volume rattles all the windows in the house :evillol:

ald94

Reaction score
I've ran a few differant setups in my time....Phoenix Gold,Mephis Audio, and now Kicker. I am truelly impressed with Kicker. I have replaced the front and rear factory speakers, installed 6 1/2s in the doors and 2 12in Kicker CVR subs in my single cab. I gets really loud if you crank it, but all together it has great sound quality. I also sound deadend the entire cab(road noise and for the system) But it all comes down to personal preferance. I'd suggest going to a car audio sound off and show competition. You can get a real good idea of mild to wild and sound quality at these shows.

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh nice, it's one of the bigger ones. probably a 500w head unit, I've got a few of them in that power range, sonys, pioneers, and panasonics, all in the 450-640watt range and they're made to run those size speakers.

My fisher is a 2000w, the only aftermarket speaker was a center unit(5-channel system, but only came with 4 boxes): center channel is a box with 10", 4" and 2"; rear boxes each have 12", 4", and 2"; front boxes each have 18", 4, and 2"....playing cod:waw with the mg40 at half volume rattles all the windows in the house :evillol:

its either 400 or 450 watt, and we have a 250 watt pioneer for the living room

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I've ran a few differant setups in my time....Phoenix Gold,Mephis Audio, and now Kicker. I am truelly impressed with Kicker. I have replaced the front and rear factory speakers, installed 6 1/2s in the doors and 2 12in Kicker CVR subs in my single cab. I gets really loud if you crank it, but all together it has great sound quality. I also sound deadend the entire cab(road noise and for the system) But it all comes down to personal preferance. I'd suggest going to a car audio sound off and show competition. You can get a real good idea of mild to wild and sound quality at these shows.

2 12" kicker cvrs in a single cab is loud, thats what I have but I need to get the door speakers, I also wanna replace my cvrs with cvxs

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, ya think they're loud in a single cab, wait till you hear them in an ext cab or crew cab....or better yet, a suburban lol.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yeah, ya think they're loud in a single cab, wait till you hear them in an ext cab or crew cab....or better yet, a suburban lol.

The subs I have was previously in a friends jeep cherokee

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, my nephew ran 2 jackhammer 12's in an 07 grand cherokee....that vehicle must've been the perfect size, cuz it hit harder and louder than any vehicle I've heard with a similar system. hooked to a jackhammer 600w monoblock....i dont remember the measured wattage, but i know it was somewhere around half or a lil over amp's rated power.