GMT800 Stabilizer bars into GMT400 installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
400s are not the best in side swing, i guess everybody noticed that))) I never liked it also, so here is the budget inmprovement. 800s 1500 stabilizer bars are the same thickness as expensive fancy tunning from LMC for example.
I started from rear one. Basicly it's bolt on. You need stabizier bar with bushubg brackets. Me and my friend disagreed about links, cos if you install 800s links it's longer then 400s and stands quite low. If you leave 400s, it has smaller bolt hole then stabilizer.
So you just unbolt the old one and install the new one.

You must be registered for see images attach

As for the front one. Front links are the same from 400 till 900 H2, to install you need to bend stabilizer bushing clamp hole to match bolt hole in frame.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A rear swaybar is one of the best mods I've done to both my trucks. Mine are 2whl.dr.'s, but in the twisties the bars makes the front feel more connected to the rear. Made a huge dif! Especially after trying to drive that kinda stuff without one.
Always wondered if the 800/900 rear bars would fit the 400's. Good info!
Can't really tell from your pix, but, I've found from research & other's knowledge that a rear bar has to set up with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension.
The bar has to be parallel to the ground with the uprights perpendicular to the ground, 90* to the bar.
Your's looks like that the uprights may be just a tad too long, (1.5"-2"?) throwing the bar off of parallel.
Easy fix if you're handy with a welder. Or know someone who is.
Cut the upright in 1/2, with one of the stubs ending up shorter than the other. Don't cut it in the middle. Not too short though. Somewhere around 1/3, 2/3. Remove whatever amount is appropriate, drop a sleeve over the long stub, weld the pieces together, grind that down, slide the sleeve over the weld, then weld that.
Having one of the stubs shorter allows for a longer sleeve over the weld by putting it on the long stub before welding the upright back together.
You could actually bring the sleeve right down to the bushing & weld to that.
After all that, it just may be that I'm preaching to the choir, Lol! & you've already got this figured out!
If so, just ignore & carry on!
Cheers!