GMT400 You can't quit looking at!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackenedRR

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't notice the flared bedsides. I love subtle stuff like that. Things like the 'door-gap' width of the tailgate fitment. Does this truck still exist?
The bed sides were pulled 1 1/2", just so they could fit the racing rain tires in back. I'd love to see where this beauty is today, hopefully still in Budnik's stable...

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have no idea if its been posted before becuase there are so many pages but...
You must be registered for see images attach

its my wallpaper

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I've never seen the Budnik truck before. With an update on the wheels, that thing would be sick today. S-10 tail lights? The rear roll pan/underbody panel has me thinking of something like that for my '98. I've avoided cutting my front spoiler, because I wasn't sure how it would look, but it actually looks pretty good. Anyone know who makes the mirrors, & if they're still available?
I've always prefered the later interiors, but this early style, done with those seats, works well. The rectangular blocks of the seats really matches up with the rest of the dash & door panels. Very cool. My dog would hate 'em. He barely tolerates the Escalade seats I have now.
Yup, they look to be streetscene Cal-Vu mirrors.

I have a set of my truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just put a set of SS mirrors on my '98. Sure have to adjust your driving style. Gotta keep your head on a swivel. They're alright if your continually aware of what's around you. O.K. on the highway, not so good around town. I just hated the 'Dumbo Ear' factory ones. Someone once told me that it takes 2-4% of your fuel to slam those factory ones through the air, if that even makes a difference, overall.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Just put a set of SS mirrors on my '98. Sure have to adjust your driving style. Gotta keep your head on a swivel. They're alright if your continually aware of what's around you. O.K. on the highway, not so good around town. I just hated the 'Dumbo Ear' factory ones. Someone once told me that it takes 2-4% of your fuel to slam those factory ones through the air, if that even makes a difference, overall.

I had 454SS/Sport mirrors, hated them, i love my Cal-Vus.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 454SS/Sport mirrors, hated them, i love my Cal-Vus.

I've never had the Sport mirrors, but I've been in trucks with them and would not like to have them. I have the Cal-Vu mirrors and also love them. They're a lot smaller than stock and have a better look, yet the glass is still good enough to give good visibility.

A little piece of trivia about the Cal-Vu mirrors that most don't realize, the mirror head and glass are copied from the Beretta, Corsica and Cavalier from the late '80s and early '90s. I actually broke one of my mirror glasses once and went down the the parts store and picked up a glass for a Beretta.