Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
As I was reading this, I said "noooo, not the Escalade!"
Glad to hear that no one is hurt and the damage doesn't look too bad. What I did after our Burb was in a wreck in August '22, was find the location of the wreck on my Google Maps, and have it in Satellite View mode, then I got a screenshot of that area and did Mark-up on the image to indicate directions of vehicles involved and where impacts occurred. I'm sure the iPhone OS has something similar. This way, you have a graphic depiction of what happened with the terrain and streets on it. And you can email or text it to the insurance company and agent, if they need clarification.
In our situation, this girl pulled out in front of us off the side street and was turning, and she assumed we were turning even though we were in the intersection when she pulled out and was turning onto the same street we were on. Fortunately she admitted fault, and had insurance that took care of the damage to our Burb. Worst part was, it took 4 months to get an appointment with the collision repair shop, and when they put it back together, they messed some stuff up. But as long as Allstate paid for the $400 OEM style grille and I didn't have to....
Driving the big beast of a crew cab long bed in Houston, we take a chance every trip. Been some close calls but thankfully no smacks yet! Our wreck happened about 3 weeks after I bought the crew cab,and I remember telling Mom that this girl was lucky we weren't in it, cause it woulda run right over her Hyundai. Did $3K damage to mine and it was still drivable, and I'm sure her damage was at least that much.
Last image is what I'm talking about with Maps.

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_134957107_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220809_134957107_HDR.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220809_133554235_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220809_133554235_HDR.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220810-152555~2.png
    Screenshot_20220810-152555~2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
agree wish more people thought like this there forcing all this bs on us I have lots more to say but this is not the place for it
Yup if the grid can barely handle what it has now, I don't think adding a whole bunch of 'lectric cars to it, that gots to be charged every day or night, is gonna do anything good.
I work in Costco, in a prosperous area in central Houston, and I see Tesla's in the lot like Chevys and Fords in the HEB or Kroger lots. Rivians and the occasional Lucid too. And they can sneak up on you when you're walking in the parking lot too, I've come close to being hit by them.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I am putting on my tinfoil hat now with out going into details just enough for people that think this or want to know to connect the dots vehicles the grid could never support and we the owners of said vehicles have no control over putting our selfs and others at risk cyborgs skynet forced implants ai robots matrix terminators

opinions are like a$$holes we got one and they all stink this is my stinky opinion

@Cadillac Bob hope you are all right and your truck gets fixed fast

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mate, what can I say, I have been following your progress on this truck for several years now and I can honestly feel your pride coming through in your threads so I can appreciate how you are feeling. Every time I am driving through built up traffic in the city it is always in my mind that if some halfwit is not paying attention they could destroy everything I have ever wished for in my truck in one wrong move, but sadly that is a risk we all take when we drive them, and what use or fun would they be if we kept them in the garage for fear of getting damaged. Luckily it is repairable, and you weren't injured, but I do understand how it messes with your head for a while but your wife and kids will help you through that.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I am driving through built up traffic in the city it is always in my mind that if some halfwit is not paying attention they could destroy everything I have ever wished for in my truck
Right - I feel the same and all the more so when I drive the Roadmaster because parts are even harder to find if the body takes a hit. I always feel like that old wagon is one hit away from being totaled out on the spot. I'm slightly more hopeful with the 400s, it seems like body repair parts are easier to come by ... and they made more of them to begin with too. That's what gives me hope with this Escalade, this can come back!

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Here’s last pictures I meant to post but then accident happened! That’s my photoshop work as to not post my kid on the internet. He gotta big kick out of seeing this picture lol this was Tuesday evening night before the accident smh I’ll post again soon after I have my time with the insurance guy coming out to see it and see what happens next! Smh
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach