Calling all Escalade/Denali experts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or... A CD head unit. Slave tape deck if you want to keep cassette tape playability. Because they play nice together, and the CD/Aux button switches between all three seamlessly, Bose or not.
Have you done this exact setup? Did you use the harness from an Escalade or make your own split cable?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Have you done this exact setup? Did you use the harness from an Escalade or make your own split cable?
I grabbed the cable from an Escalade to begin with but later made my own, ran the setup in my 99 blazer for 5 years before moving it to my 97 Sierra where I ran it for another 4 years before swapping to a 94 dash lol. Still have all the components, been thinking about making a garage system out of it or something.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I grabbed the cable from an Escalade to begin with but later made my own, ran the setup in my 99 blazer for 5 years before moving it to my 97 Sierra where I ran it for another 4 years before swapping to a 94 dash lol. Still have all the components, been thinking about making a garage system out of it or something.
Nice! Do you have a picture of the cable?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I'll have to dig through my pile of truck radios sometime for the cable I made. I basically just made a cable that splits the Aux input connector on the deck into two of the same. 9-pin female connectors are easy to come by in junkyard trucks, their male counterparts not so much. I also have a USA-Spec PA11-GM45 iPod adapter unit that basically masquerades as a slave 6-CD changer, that comes with its own cable for splitting the Aux In for the deck and an existing slave cassette tape unit. That also wouldn't work with the slave CD player. That one I actually have pics of lol.

Attachments

• 20240404_123829.jpg
    20240404_123829.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to dig through my pile of truck radios sometime for the cable I made. I basically just made a cable that splits the Aux input connector on the deck into two of the same. 9-pin female connectors are easy to come by in junkyard trucks, their male counterparts not so much. I also have a USA-Spec PA11-GM45 iPod adapter unit that basically masquerades as a slave 6-CD changer, that comes with its own cable for splitting the Aux In for the deck and an existing slave cassette tape unit. That also wouldn't work with the slave CD player. That one I actually have pics of lol.
Sweet! I still use my original iPod lol.

Where did you put the CD changer? In your console? I don’t have a cd changer yet but I know there isn’t much room in these consoles.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
In the Blazer I had it in the console, but lacking a console in the Sierra I had it sitting on the floor in front of my manual shifter until I made the cable longer so I could put the changer up against the wall behind my seat belt retractor on the driver side.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the Blazer I had it in the console, but lacking a console in the Sierra I had it sitting on the floor in front of my manual shifter until I made the cable longer so I could put the changer up against the wall behind my seat belt retractor on the driver side.
The blazer console appears to be deeper… looking at my console now I dont know if it’ll fit. I need to get one to test fit I suppose.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So my 6 disc is in the center console on the bottom which mine has 2 compartments but I think it should as the center consoles should be relatively the same size? But check eBay for the posts that have the whole Escalade pictured and see if they have the console? But it’s also held in place with a super stiff metal bracket along with having the whole inner of console molded to fit the player. Don’t forget to look at Denali’s as they’ll be gray consoles and have the same stuff.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I measured my console, if it fits, it’ll be close. The console lid has a pocket inside that goes down into the console area, taking away some depth. Went to the junkyard today, no Escalades or denalis. They’re getting harder to find.

I did pick up some harnesses to make my own for the CD changer so that’s good! Whenever I get everything and assuming it works, I’ll make a new post showing all of the steps.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So the Escalade center console has an upper storage unit that closes an keeps all in when opening up to get into bottom unit. And it does stick down but is offset to not smash cd player. An btw those center consoles are a high prize for quite a few people! And I’m not sure how many Denali’s were made but 48,750 is a close number of Escalades made for the 400. Now second gens were made
300-350,000 units made the most of all gens Escalade. I just tried looking for production numbers for the Denali but couldn’t find anything. But I’d say that combined with the Escalades roughly 100,000 both together were made. An a good chunk of those are just gone gone but you could try looking on lkq that’s the largest junkyard company in the us.