Calling all Escalade/Denali experts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been trying to find out how the Escalade/denali use both the CD changer and single disc CD player in the dash. Does anyone have pictures of the harnesses used? Is it a separate module that both CD units plug into? Is it one harness that is spliced??? I have no idea!

I either want to add the factory cd changer, or use a vintage Alpine cd changer but I want to keep the single disc cd player in the dash working.

Any answers or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If you have the AM/FM/CD head unit, not the AM/FM/Tape head unit, you can use both the built-in CD and the factory 6-CD changer... AND an external tape deck at the same time. On the other hand, the 6-CD changer and external CD will not play nice together with the AM/FM/Tape head unit. There's the standard harness that plugs the radio into the truck, then a 9-pin cable that runs between the main head unit and the slave deck(s). Both external decks will be connected via the same cable - factory Escalades used a splitter for this purpose, but that was more for the rear-seat audio unit that also plugged into the same cable.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have the AM/FM/CD head unit, not the AM/FM/Tape head unit, you can use both the built-in CD and the factory 6-CD changer... AND an external tape deck at the same time. On the other hand, the 6-CD changer and external CD will not play nice together with the AM/FM/Tape head unit. There's the standard harness that plugs the radio into the truck, then a 9-pin cable that runs between the main head unit and the slave deck(s). Both external decks will be connected via the same cable - factory Escalades used a splitter for this purpose, but that was more for the rear-seat audio unit that also plugged into the same cable.
The Escalade used a am/fm tape with the separate single disc along with the changer. Is it only the Delco/Bose am-fm Tape that can do that and not the standard Delco am/fm tape?

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes I’m not 100 if you could just push the aux/cd button twice and it switche over to the other player? But if you’re going to install the 6 disc player it might just be worth it to get the Bose radio and not have to worry about it not functioning as you want? Or do a quick connecting of it all then push the button twice and see if it switches over but it might be best to already have the Bose radio unopened so you can return it or install it vs going through the process 2 separate times and having the high chances of something breaking!?

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting stuff…

I know the Bose radio is not a direct swap to the standard system because of the Bose amplifier, but I’ve decided to add an old school amplifier anyway. Can an aftermarket amp be added to the Bose radio? Are the line levels correct???

Maybe I should just buy an Escalade or Denali lol.