Gasker's 97' Chevy ''Shorthorn''

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
@slippy3002 thanks buddy. Those knobs were fabricated using the original knobs, 1'' pvc pipe and fiberglass.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

I don't have knobs just buttons. I could try that with my switches though...how did you do the vents?

Sent from Robland

Gasker

Reaction score
I sanded them down with 400grit and hit them with the Dremel and a buff pad. Primed and wet sanded them again with 400grit .. Then 2-3 coats of stainless paint. Topped it off with a high gloss clear coat. I use the spray turtle wax believe it not to keep the looking shiny.

Gasker

Reaction score
Gromets and conduit!

You must be registered for see images

I appreciate it bud. I wish I had photos of the build. It's dual chambered with a sound deadening insulation in between the sub and components.

Last edited:

Gasker

Reaction score

Grill guard I'm working on this weekend. Just a test fit. There will be three bars following the radius of the sub and protruding from the back wall to the console.

Last edited:

Gasker

Reaction score

Decided to work on my door panels instead. The JL stencil got away from me here , but it gave me another idea. I'm gonna take the Dremel and a router bit and carve it down about a 1/8 inch and flush mount some maroon carpet I took off the back wall in its place.

Gasker

Reaction score
I want to flush mount the speakers also.. and maybe build some kind of pod.. I'm not sure.. any ideas would be appreciated

Last edited: