Gasker's 97' Chevy ''Shorthorn''

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gasker

Reaction score
Hey guys.. New to the fourm. Thought I'd introduce myself and truck. Names Mike, I'm A 25 year old Texas native currently living in Tennessee. Fishing is my passion and Chevy's are my obsession. I started the build on this 97' Chevy Z71 about a year ago. It was a one owner truck out of East Tennessee. It was a well maintained truck with 200k miles, certified and car faxed cleared. Minor exterior defects and a clean interior. I'm used to mixed feelings about the design, so any feedback or questions are appreciated. Thanks for checking it out, and enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

This was the truck shortly after I bought it. Color matched grill shell with billet aluminum grill insert and new head/parking lights. Magnaflo dual exhaust w/3'' chrome tips and bully black steel side steps.

You must be registered for see images

This is the truck as it sets now aside from side molding, Window visors and tailgate trim being removed and smoothed out. I got the rover grill shell and 50's style Chevrolet banner. A pair of longhorns straight out of Texas with custom mount. Spider taillights and raptor upol truck bed liner. XL bowtie cut at a local sign shop. Oak deck sealed and stained to give it a classic look.

The interior was completely custom designed and built on my own. Stainless knobs, air vents, bezels and trim. Dark graphite molded carpet courtesy of Advark Motors. Complete JL system down to the wiring. A respectable 10W3V3-2 sub powered by a JX500/1D amp. A pair of C5-525x and C5-625x coaxial speakers powered by a JX360/4 amp. The system is managed by a Kenwood KDC -352U unit. Custom console was color matched to maintain a 'factory' feel.

I'm far from being done with this truck guys. Still gotta a few things that I'd like to do. Like wheels/tires, bull bar and maybe some chrome and fresh paint. Any suggestions are welcome... Thanks guys.

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Trucks looks good. The only thing I don't like is the grille but that's my opinion. I REALLY like the bed!!
Edit: :welcome:

Gasker

Reaction score
I run a 350 Vortec 5.7L V8 with an 4L60E transmission. Hypertec Max Energy tuner and low temp stat. Jet Preformance DST tuner, Jet MAF sensor and throttle body spacer. K&N cold air intake and emission override with K&N breather caps. Shorty headers are on the bucket list.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
:welcome: the bed is really cool man! And that speaker box is sweet also! But I also personally don't like the grill. But to each there own!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck not huge on the grille... hey its your truck not a lot of people like my red rims either lol. Looking forward to seeing what else you do to it, and agreed I really like the seat covers where did you get them from?

Gasker

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I know a lot, if not most, will disagree with my decision on the rover grill.. But I like it. And that cover was 3 bucks and advance.. Lol. I had some scat 40/40 low back 90's orderd.. But after almost 4 months of waiting I canceled the order.

Gasker

Reaction score
@slippy3002 thanks buddy. Those knobs were fabricated using the original knobs, 1'' pvc pipe and fiberglass.