97 Chevy k1500 5.7 won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Temple906

Reaction score
So the last month or so I’ve been putting new parts on my plow truck (1997 Chevy Silverado k1500 5.7 vortec) replaced fuel tank, fuel pump, maf sensor, thermostat, plugs, distributor cap and rotor, after that truck was still running rough so I changed the engine coolant temp sensor and that worked, ran a lot better besides a hiccup at low speed or initial take off, well that lasted a week then I was driving it down the road and it gave me a hiccup at (70 mph) didn’t think much of it till I noticed it slowing down I lost power so I pulled over and truck died, it will crank over but won’t start, so then I changed the TPS and that did not work, does anyone know what could possibly be going on with my truck? Any help is appreciated need to get it going before plow season starts and it’s just around the corner

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check for fuel, check for spark, check for compression.

It really helps if you tell us what year and model you have. Is it TBI or Vortec? Pickup or Suburban? C or K?

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no fuel pressure it has brand new fuel tank, fuel pump and fuel filter what do I change next?
Check/change fuel pump relay under the hood

can you hear fuel pump turn on to prime when key is turned to run position?

if not, use test light to make sure you're getting power to fuel pump relay and fuel pump