gas tank capcity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I've run my 98 until the needle is buried in E and I can only fit about 21 gallons out of it. Ask Kyle, the first time I filled it up I was with him. Has me befuddled. Considering getting a 5 gallon can of gas too keep in the back and just run it out and fill it after the 5 gallons to see what it actually is. Standard fuel pump too, because I replaced that.

That's how mine is as well

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i went to the station yesterday to get gas for the tractor and put 5.8 gallons in a 5 gallon jug. same jug during the summer only holds 4.9~5.2 gallons. same local station. just shows the same tank can hold more or less depending on temp.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think "capacity" and how much the gas pump says you put in are never a match. I've never been able to fill up much past 22 gallons with a RCSB. I guess GM thought a little more could fit...

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow i didnt think about that! Thats a pretty slimy thing to do. I cant belive that they arent regulated or something.

Department of weights and measures typically inspects and requires calibration of pumps. How often? Does a busy Circle K get the same attention as a backwoods indepedent Chevron? Ah, who knows...

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I put about 20-22 gallons in but I dont let mine go below 1/4 tank... heard its bad for the pump and this it overheats when you run your tank low.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most I've gotten in mine was about 23.5. Usually I dont run it that dry and do about 20-22.