gas tank capcity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I've got 24 in my tank before. It was coughing and sputtering. The tanks are rated as 26 Gallons though.

As far as Chassis-Cab, a true Chassis Cab truck (not just a pickup box delete) have a different frame. The frame rails are 34" wide which is the industry standard for aftermarket truck bodies and accessories across all platforms. Because of the different frame there are different options for fuel tanks, and many of those truck had dual tanks.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's definitly a 26 gallon, if you ever have the tank out and get it completely empty it takes 4-5 gallon's in the tank just to get it to start at all.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless they used a different size tank for other years? Which I doubt... but always a possibility..

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I've got 24 in my tank before. It was coughing and sputtering. The tanks are rated as 26 Gallons though.

As far as Chassis-Cab, a true Chassis Cab truck (not just a pickup box delete) have a different frame. The frame rails are 34" wide which is the industry standard for aftermarket truck bodies and accessories across all platforms. Because of the different frame there are different options for fuel tanks, and many of those truck had dual tanks.

Good info right there! I don't think I've ever seen a GMT400 with dual tanks :shrug: Haven't seen a chassis-cab with duals either, one at work is only a 350 mind you.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Unless they used a different size tank for other years? Which I doubt... but always a possibility..
They never changed.

Good info right there! I don't think I've ever seen a GMT400 with dual tanks :shrug: Haven't seen a chassis-cab with duals either, one at work is only a 350 mind you.
I've seen a few, and we have a few 3500hd trucks at work with dual tanks.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I've run my 98 until the needle is buried in E and I can only fit about 21 gallons out of it. Ask Kyle, the first time I filled it up I was with him. Has me befuddled. Considering getting a 5 gallon can of gas too keep in the back and just run it out and fill it after the 5 gallons to see what it actually is. Standard fuel pump too, because I replaced that.