Fuzzy's 97 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few more updates done to the money pit;

First the biggest change, Wheels and Tires

Wheels are Pro Comp 1069s and Tires are Duratracs, I'm quite happy with how these look.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next I picked up a carpet from someone on CL for $15, it cleaned up good so I threw it in, very happy with how it looks.

While I had the carpet out I ran new speaker wire and wires for an amp.

Last time I was in the salvage yard I picked up an Esky Cluster which I threw some blue LEDs in, I liked it, however I wasnt a fan of having the PRNDL lit up in my manual truck, and pretty much all the gauges were bouncing around so I went back to my stock cluster with the white needles and blue leds, only thing I miss is the 120 Speedo otherwise I like it better than the esky cluster.

Here's some pics of the truck.

If you noticed the big ass dent in the door that's from a Deer running into the side of my truck when I was coming home from work one night. Needs a new fender as well.

Also since I've last updated this thread I've done a lot of mechanical stuff to the truck.
-New Serpentine belt, tensioner, and idler pulley
-New Thermostat and Coolant Temp Sensor
-Flushed Cooling system
-New Transfer Case Gasket (Been leaking since I replaced the clutch)
-New Axle Seals
-New Rear Brake Shoes, Wheel Cylinders, Hardware
-New EVO Steering Sensor
-Wheel Stud for Front Left
-Trailer Hitch

Still have a new Trans mount to put on and a few other parts, also the power steering pump is going out, so I'll get one of those and do the idler/pitman when I replace it.

Since that deer hit me I'm going to pick up a door, fender, gmc grill, and hood in the spring and fix all that, going to try and find a set of black doors with power windows and locks.

I've also got some 1" Blocks for the rear to throw in too.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been a minute since I've updated this so here we go. Unfortunately the truck has had quite a few downs recently. The first problem I had was going into 4wd a couple months ago I grenaded the rear u-joint I just replaced 15,000 miles ago so I replaced that, as well as rebuilt my front shaft while I was at it with new joints and seal collar. I also replaced the transmission mount finally. While I had it in the air I decided to give the front end a shake down and that ended up being very, very bad. It turns out every part of the ebay kit I got less than I year ago has failed horribly. One of my sway bar end links fell out at some point, the inner, and outter tie rods are both completely shot, as well as the idler and pitman arms. Also the upper ball joints are shot, for anyone considering the ebay kit, don't do it, it's 100% not worth it. I'm pretty hard on my truck as far as off roading goes, however I don't have my truck cranked to the max either, nothing that should've caused this much wear in 20,000 miles, so I'm probably going to be ordring Moog parts in the next couple weeks to redo all that again. Then to top it all off a few weeks ago while I was driving home from work the truck started back-firing and missing on two cylinders, I managed to limp it back to work the next day so I could look at it, I ended up putting a new Cap, Wire Set, and Plugs in it and that solved one of the two cylinders misfiring, and made the truck drive able again. However I still had a constant misfire at idle, I ended up looking on the scan tool and it was throwing P0300 it ended up being cylinder 4 misfiring almost constantly, I decided since I could faintly smell fuel under the hood to replace the spider, after replacing that it still had a misfire on cylinder 4, it was at this point I finally accepted that it was probably done for, and sure enough today a compression test revealed that cylinder 4 is down to 75psi of compression. I guess after 267,000 miles the ol' 4.3 is tired of the abuse. Seeing as I'm not going to even consider rebuilding or replacing the 4.3 It's time to start looking for an LS. The plan as of now is to find a LQ4/LQ9, I'll probably tear it down to inspect it but seeing as my 4.3 is living on borrowed time It's probably going to go into the truck relatively stock for now. I'm okay with this because I'm going to see how long my NV3500 lasts behind it (I don't have high hopes for it lol). After I get a reliable daily I throw some go fast parts at the 6.0 and maybe swap to a 4L80E. I plan on having this truck LS powered by the end of summer, we'll see what happens. Anyways here's some pictures of the truck, I'm still looking for a door, fender and hood, it's killing me to see these dents every day.

Also if anyone in the STL Area is interested in these wheels and tires I'm probably going to be selling them.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks good, I bet it'll be a hell of a difference going from the 4.3 to an LS! What size are those rims by the way?

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sure hope so, I really can't wait to get an LS into this thing, something I've wanted to do since I got the truck.

Wheels are 16x8 Pro comps on 265/75R16 Duratracs.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
love those pro comps! can't wait to get a set for mine, all time favorite rims for any truck.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
love those pro comps! can't wait to get a set for mine, all time favorite rims for any truck.

Thanks, I love(ed) them as well! Unfortunately I'm getting rid of them as I can't justify keeping wheels this nice on a truck that needs so much work.

So this happened today. :(

The guy I got these from offered to trade me a 4.8 for the Pro Comps. Probably not gonna do it.