fuel lines and sending unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So i want to know, ive bee ndoing my 4/6 drop, and to get better room to work in, i took the gas tank out since i had to change the gas tank straps also. Looking at my fuel lines, they are toast! the weatehr has gotten the best of them and they are pretty much rotten, one of the actually cracked. Is their any gas line kits out there for our trucks? If not, what is the better way to go? and is there also better sending units out there? My truck used to have aa 305, now its a 350, the sending unit has never been changed... should it be?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had great luck with compression fuel line on my 92. It is flexible enough to bend around and in the frame, can join the plastic line to metal pieces also. It is easy to work with, no bending and looks tiddy afterwards. As far as sending unit, no real better time to change it (and pump) as when tank is out but the pumps are the same for 305 to 350.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well I haven't had any problems with my fuel pump. So ill leave it be then, and as for fuel ines. Ill look into it! Thankss

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never had good luck with compression fittings. Always seemed that over time they would start to cause slow leaks. Now I flare the ends and that works good. When I pulled my tank I dropped in a TPI fuel pump with a stock sending unit, works great. I also redid the lines with new steel line from summit.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Get an fittings and run -6an Teflon stainless lines, that's what I did in my truck looks awesome and it's really easy to do.

These fittings are off the sending unit....
http://www.purechoicemotorsports.co...tegory_id=130/home_id=71/mode=prod/prd265.htm

These fittings are for the fuel filter....
http://www.purechoicemotorsports.co...tegory_id=132/home_id=97/mode=prod/prd184.htm

Whats the prices for this stuff? also, im worried cause last time i did my brake lines, i went out and bought a flairing kit, i i did all my line new, and only the first two lines i did lasted... i did and re did the rear lines, and always the same thing, they would leak! so i just went a head and bought some pre flaired break lines, bent them to what i need and then there we go. Of course, they werent stainless though....

Also does anyone have a diagram for the fuel lines?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Does any one have a diagram of where these lines run and how its conected? ive never done gas line work before... and im looking to order some lines and id like to make sure i have what i need before i start pulling stuff off the truck.