fuel pump sending unit and fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1970

Reaction score
I think I'll go with a delphi sending unit and a dorman pump. I can both of those localy instead of having to order them.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run an AC Delco ep381 with a Spectre sending unit. No complaints.
That was what I was going to use, but it seems to be very hard to find. Everyone I've talked to so far says they cant get one. When I look it up online it they they are out of stock from the manufacturer. I will probably go with a delphi most likely.
Is the Delphi FE0114 what people are using since the EP381 is hard to find?
That is what Harris Tuning has updated his site to say.
Is it still a recommended upgrade from a stock one for a 1993 tbi? to go with the vortec pump or are there any drawbacks.??..
Mine is starting to sound like a spectre haunting the lines under my truck when it's priming.... I thought it was strange when I could hear it humming after prime when it's usually been quiet. Did that for a few days and now it's making all sorts of weird noises during prime....
come to think of it, I had a couple of long cranks last week...

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find nor afford the Delphi EP381 when I needed to replace the fuel pump in WCJr, and I used whatever RockAuto showed for a '99 Suburban. It was a drop in replacement and supports my cam just fine. The downside is that the anti-drainback valve doesn't work well, so the first start of the day requires a couple more seconds of cranking.