Fuel line replacement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is crazy, If you get that kit let us know how it works out, online reviews don't always mean much but it would be nice to see a couple there for that product.
Will do, I am tempted to give it a try. Cheaper direct from manufacturer compared to RA too

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Had to bail out of brand new van on the way home from the dealership that caught fire. Once I got stopped the flames were licking the bottom side of the door mirror. Out the back door I went. Some kind of oversight at the factory level in that case. In the past we used to see the burned cars in body shops. Now they usually go to a SHP impound yard but you never really forget those visions of the vehicle with fragments of melted hair, remnants and the smell of death. For me, no plastic fuel lines, erroneous holes in the floor to service fuel pumps etc, and it doesn't matter to me how great somebody else thinks it is. If there's one certainty, it's that shyt happens. You just never know when.

Forgot to mention I stopped the car with the driver's door to the wall. With the area just outside the driver's window opening consumed by a large flame, I opted to bail out the passenger side onto the hot track. You'd be surprised how easy it is to climb through the jungle gym when you're sufficiently motivated.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I am weary of Nylon because of the heat factor. I think I would sleep better at night if they were steel.

I am looking into this kit, no idea on quality. https://www.agscompany.com/products/1991-1995-chevrolet-gmc-k1500-k2500-k3500-pre-bent-fuel-line-kit

RA wants $450 for GM genuine lines after shipping. Crazy

those don't appear to be stainless, might be something to think about.

i've used "lines to go" for SS brake lines, not cheap, but great product. i will use them for fuel lines when time comes.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those don't appear to be stainless, might be something to think about.

i've used "lines to go" for SS brake lines, not cheap, but great product. i will use them for fuel lines when time comes.

Yes, they really make nice stuff.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
8 OBS trucks owned. All have the nylon in line tube kit installed. ZERO issues. FYI the replacement lines go into the factory brackets which are not even close to any heat source. No more rusty lines and the fuel filter change is a snap due to the flexible line.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no plastic fuel lines, erroneous holes in the floor to service fuel pumps etc, and it doesn't matter to me how great somebody else thinks it is. If there's one certainty, it's that shyt happens. You just never know when.
Thanks for that. Bad enough in a pickup, but when the improperly-engineered hole gets hacked-through the passenger compartment floor, it's just criminal negligence.

My '88 K1500 has sections of plastic (Nylon?) hose in the fuel plumbing. Have every expectation they're OEM. That's how the connections to the fuel pump hanger were made.
You must be registered for see images attach

When I built city buses, the air brake system was a nest of Eaton "Synflex" tubing; hard yet flexible thermoplastic (Polyester? Polyamide?) with fiber reinforcement. I expect semi-trucks or anything else with air brakes is built about the same. A person could go to a semi-truck repair shop, and maybe buy their cutoff scraps and get long enough sections to fab a GMT400 fuel system. Brochure claims it's resistant to gasoline, but I've never dropped a sample into a jar filled with gas. Worst part would be coming up with the fittings to connect it to the rest of the vehicle. What we used on the buses was ordinary-looking brass compression fittings, but with metal sleeves to support the ID of the hose where the brass ferrule clamps it. MAYBE those brass compression fittings were somehow "Synflex specific", I wasn't the buyer of them, I don't know where they were sourced. Maybe get the fittings from the same truck shop you get the Synflex from.

Last edited: