Fuel line replacement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those don't appear to be stainless, might be something to think about.

i've used "lines to go" for SS brake lines, not cheap, but great product. i will use them for fuel lines when time comes.

used them for muscle car projects. Yes nice stuff but the first set of steel lines whether brake or fuel lasted 25+ years even if replaced with similar or oem the guys living in the rust/salt belt would be looking to replace the rotted frame or body before they ever needed a third set is kind of how I look at the cost/value over time perspective. I can'i see the nylon ones holding up a great length of time either

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I built city buses, the air brake system was a nest of Eaton "Synflex" tubing; hard yet flexible thermoplastic (Polyester? Polyamide?) with fiber reinforcement. I expect semi-trucks or anything else with air brakes is built about the same. A person could go to a semi-truck repair shop, and maybe buy their cutoff scraps and get long enough sections to fab a GMT400 fuel system. Brochure claims it's resistant to gasoline, but I've never dropped a sample into a jar filled with gas. Worst part would be coming up with the fittings to connect it to the rest of the vehicle. What we used on the buses was ordinary-looking brass compression fittings, but with metal sleeves to support the ID of the hose where the brass ferrule clamps it. MAYBE those brass compression fittings were somehow "Synflex specific", I wasn't the buyer of them, I don't know where they were sourced. Maybe get the fittings from the same truck shop you get the Synflex from.
_ga=2.11790387.664555211.1684016661-1517327216.1684016661[/URL]
I will say that the Synflex will hold up to diesel fuel. Thermo king and Carrier reefer units use this line for all of the fuel line plumbing. I cant remember what the brass fittings are called but they are available at supply stores like Fastenal, Lawson Imperial and the similar type stores. I am not sure if they are Synflex specific. I've never seen it on the packaging. When I need fittings I just tell them what size line I'm using and that I need a DOT rated compression fitting. I will do some digging and see if I can find a package that they come in and try to get some more info.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those don't appear to be stainless, might be something to think about.

i've used "lines to go" for SS brake lines, not cheap, but great product. i will use them for fuel lines when time comes.

Thanks.

Just curious, was OEM steel fuel line SS even?

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, interesting. Straight galvanized I assume? I tried some Google fu, no luck yet finding info.

Well, if the OG lines lasted this long.... galvanized may be ok for another couple/few decades. That's what those AGS branded lines are.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, interesting. Straight galvanized I assume? I tried some Google fu, no luck yet finding info.

Well, if the OG lines lasted this long.... galvanized may be ok for another couple/few decades. That's what those AGS branded lines are.
NOS GM 15722268
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're surrounded by frame on three sides.
Not really, they crossover to the bellhousing. Plastic under the hood tends to get brittle. If people don't have the intelligence or reasoning skills to realize the safety implications of this than you can't stop them from their stupidy. I, as a technician, couldn't do the nylon lines in good conscience and protect myself from liability issues. It's really not that difficult to understand were dealing with non-diesel ethanol fuels that tend to suck the life of everything plastic they touch. Even late models have issue with oem nylon fuel line. Touch it and you might end up with broken pieces and that's typically in situations when the exhaust is on the opposite side of the engine. You don't know what you don't know and if you're not dealing with it on a semi-regular basis you don't know much .One of the clowns promoting this suggested covering the nylon lines with plastic wire loom. Was that you? The excuses trying to justify why this is a good idea are getting knee deep. Rather have oem type hard lines with a bit of rubber that out of they way, out of the heat, and in between the tank and floor.

Last edited: