Fuel line replacement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got my new fuel tank mounted in truck, pump and filter waiting to be hooked up. I'm jus curious if any of you have replaced the whole length of return and supply lines back to the fuel pump? What should I look out for? Tips and hints are wonderful! Brand/price? Would you recommend a shop or diy?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I need to do that. I plan on using nylon. There's a few threads on the forum about it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Bump.

Anyone have experience with nylon lines?

I am looking into this:https://www.inlinetube.com/products/nfr0013

I used a kit from Gas Tank Renu bought on ebay. The line is thin, not heavy guage like the factory line on my old Saturn, but I think it'll be fine. I routed it through the factory supports, and covered the exposed areas with plastic split loom.

I was able to press each connector on by hand (with gloves) and I used a cheap Harbor Freight set of nippers to squeeze the clamps.

I did not go all the way to the engine. I left the factory lines there, and just tied into them at the original junction.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a big fan of nylon where hardlines were what came equipped, the lines crossover from the frame rail to the bell housing. You can buy nylon brake line kits for motorcycles too. It doesn't mean it's a good idea. As a brake line it's absolutely asinine. Something come up off the road and damage the plastic fuel line you're going to have a hot minute of flame thrower action before the fuel pump off gets turned off. Used to be able to get Ac delco ones from rock auto but I don't know what they have available these days.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had an under hood fire in the Camaro on track. It managed to reach a section of nylon line right under me and melt it. I pulled the handle for the fire system and put it out under the hood, but under the driver kept dripping and kept burning until somebody showed up with an extinguisher. I'm personally not a fan of nylon, ESPECIALLY where hard line came factory.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I am weary of Nylon because of the heat factor. I think I would sleep better at night if they were steel.

I am looking into this kit, no idea on quality. https://www.agscompany.com/products/1991-1995-chevrolet-gmc-k1500-k2500-k3500-pre-bent-fuel-line-kit

RA wants $450 for GM genuine lines after shipping. Crazy
that is crazy, If you get that kit let us know how it works out, online reviews don't always mean much but it would be nice to see a couple there for that product.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an under hood fire in the Camaro on track. It managed to reach a section of nylon line right under me and melt it. I pulled the handle for the fire system and put it out under the hood, but under the driver kept dripping and kept burning until somebody showed up with an extinguisher. I'm personally not a fan of nylon, ESPECIALLY where hard line came factory.
Had to bail out of brand new van on the way home from the dealership that caught fire. Once I got stopped the flames were licking the bottom side of the door mirror. Out the back door I went. Some kind of oversight at the factory level in that case. In the past we used to see the burned cars in body shops. Now they usually go to a SHP impound yard but you never really forget those visions of the vehicle with fragments of melted hair, remnants and the smell of death. For me, no plastic fuel lines, erroneous holes in the floor to service fuel pumps etc, and it doesn't matter to me how great somebody else thinks it is. If there's one certainty, it's that shyt happens. You just never know when.