Sniper fuel line return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LosDoritos

Reaction score
Did it run better?
What tranny? Could it be TV cable?
It did run better, but I only drove it maybe 5 miles, tranny is 700r4 so it could be, I just gotta check it. The trans got less than 1000 miles on it as well, so fingers crossed. had to get it rebuilt right after the new motor, the only thing they did differently than stock rebuild is put a corvette servo in it

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently read an article written by Art Carr about the correct geometry for the throttle arm in relation to the TV cable but just now I couldn't get the site to pull up. Hopefully your tranny shop is smart enough to figure it out.

LosDoritos

Reaction score
I recently read an article written by Art Carr about the correct geometry for the throttle arm in relation to the TV cable but just now I couldn't get the site to pull up. Hopefully your tranny shop is smart enough to figure it out.
I went and checked on the cable and it’s not too loose or anything so ima get ahold of the shop on Monday and ask ab the whole sniper setup and even thinking ab letting them have the truck to sort out the tranny so I won’t have to worry ab it while worrying ab the motor, one less thing to worry about at a time is my goal, just need it before winter

LosDoritos

Reaction score
ok yall believe it or not im still on this lol. my tranny shop has had the truck since late November doing a throttle bracket for it... the builder wanted to check over the truck to make sure the tranny didn't get smoked again and he found out that my bracket that holds the tv cable was flexing when i hit the gas causing the tranny to get smoked, the only good things that has come from this ordeal is i got a faster laptop, a job towing and my new boss has tons of connections, he knows a few sniper guys that ill be working with. that is whenever i get the truck back, got stuck with a beater this winter and a work van for the last bit of it

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick update from me as well. I swapped another 700R4 into WCJr a couple weeks ago, and when I tried adjusting the TV cable by pressure, I couldn't get enough pressure, no matter what. It looks like my TV cable sleeve and plunger are worn out. I ordered a new one.

I also discovered that Sonnax makes a TV cable corrector for Holley carbs.

As soon as it warms up today I'll be out in the shop installilng these.