Fuel line replacement!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NOS GM 15722268
You must be registered for see images attach
Just a shout out, we don't always see eye to eye on certain subjects, but you always try to do your truck with decent parts and do a proper job of it.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Bad enough in a pickup, but when the improperly-engineered hole gets hacked-through the passenger compartment floor, it's just criminal negligence.

My '88 K1500 has sections of plastic (Nylon?) hose in the fuel plumbing. Have every expectation they're OEM. That's how the connections to the fuel pump hanger were made.

When I built city buses, the air brake system was a nest of Eaton "Synflex" tubing; hard yet flexible thermoplastic (Polyester? Polyamide?) with fiber reinforcement. I expect semi-trucks or anything else with air brakes is built about the same. A person could go to a semi-truck repair shop, and maybe buy their cutoff scraps and get long enough sections to fab a GMT400 fuel system. Brochure claims it's resistant to gasoline, but I've never dropped a sample into a jar filled with gas. Worst part would be coming up with the fittings to connect it to the rest of the vehicle. What we used on the buses was ordinary-looking brass compression fittings, but with metal sleeves to support the ID of the hose where the brass ferrule clamps it. MAYBE those brass compression fittings were somehow "Synflex specific", I wasn't the buyer of them, I don't know where they were sourced. Maybe get the fittings from the same truck shop you get the Synflex from.
I've come axross those fittings where there is, perse', a brass tube that inserts into the tube for support. IMHO the plastic tube fails elewhere. Through degredation, brittleness etc. I kind of reiterate here that because something is available it doesn't mean it's a good solution. Big rigs have their fair share of brake related issues when fluid is not being used inside of nylon lines. Why everyone thinks nylon fuel lines or cutting holes in the floor is a good idea is beyond me. Not every vehicle that ends up on it's roof is from a 100 mph collision. It can happen at 30. Whether one plays it safe or is stoopid is a personal choice. Chose wisely.

Last edited:

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out the AGS kit only covers tbi to fuel filter, and not filter to sending unit. So it becomes expensive quick.

The 'go to lines' kits look better quality, similar cost and ship here in 2 days from within Canada. Looks like I'll he placing an ordder with them tomorrow.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out the AGS kit only covers tbi to fuel filter, and not filter to sending unit. So it becomes expensive quick.

The 'go to lines' kits look better quality, similar cost and ship here in 2 days from within Canada. Looks like I'll he placing an ordder with them tomorrow.
To me they kinda look even better than OEM. Good choice!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Check these guys out too.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered lines this morning. Then...

Got a message at 5pm saying that FedEx had canceled my shipment from Line To Go. Not sure why. I'll call Lines2go in the a.m.