Fuel line o-ring - Intake manifold swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I will be starting my intake manifold swap. I am putting on a Edelbrock 3704 intake manifold (got for $100 brand new in box), Trans-Dapt 2734 Smooth-Bore Throttle Body Spacer ( Paid $15 brand new in box, JEGS 15410 TBI Fuel Injector Spacer (Don't remember what i paid but brand new in package), 88-91 steel braided fuel lines (Paid $7 for both lines and all brackets from pick a part. If you pull them leave the bracket on or they will charge you for the bracket also.) and relocating some of the items on the intake manifold. But the only thing i do not have is the o-rings for the fuel lines and fuel line to throttle body adapters, They seem to be a type of plastic. Does anybody know where to get these. I cant seem to find them on anybody's website. Any help is greatly appreciated.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've never had to replace the 'washers' or whatever you wanna call 'em from the adapters to the TBI main body, under most circumstances you would never remove these. I do know the O-rings from the lines to the adapters are readily available at almost any parts house for just a few bucks, in a little kit with both sizes. Standard #SK18, BWD/Carquest #27478.

Looks like if you really need the washers, they can be had with some of the full-blown TBI rebuild kits, about $20ish. Probably comes with those fuel line O-rings, too.

Richard

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if they come with the TBI rebuild kit then I guess I will be doing the TBI mods this weekend as well. Thank you. I will have some pictures up tomorrow or the next.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI if anybody wants to do the 88-91 braided fuel line conversion make sure the return line will reach your factory hard line. Ran into this problem about an hour ago.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I found out not all gmt400s were created equal. I found 88-91 trucks with hard lines and braided lines. I think I found a fix. I'll post pictures when I'm done

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone is swapping their hard fuel lines for the braided fuel lines I strongly recommend finding a donor vehicle that matches yours in body style. Single cab, extended cab, short bed, and long bed, Make sure the truck is a match to yours and grab the fuel lines from the tank to the throttle body. When I first got he braided lines I only got them from the throttle body to the fuel filter, the return line wound up being a foot to short, I paid $7 for them. The second set I grabbed yesterday was the complete lines from the TBI to the Tank Also $7. After I pulled them from the truck I reconnected them all back togeather to make them look like one piece and the cashier said $7 bucks.

If you don't happen to be able to find the right match There is a way around it. Currently my truck has the fix but Im not sure how stable it is. I got the tube with the mail fitting on one end and the brass fitting on the other at dumba** zone and the female I cut off my original return line and used the brass coupler to connect the two after cutting the long tube down a couple inches. I will get better pictures of the final install this afternoon.

You must be registered for see images attach