Needing TBI o-ring help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NAPA's part # for these pretty sure will be the CRB 218416 for $7 - https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB218416

is this Dorman 800-013 kit good as well? Or is this just for fuel filter? Or both??
It's available closer...

Shows cross ref 22516256 for the return line which has been replaced by 19258137 looking at GM Parts Giant ..which is right for my 93....
And 22514722 cross ref also checks out for feed line....
just unclear if there's a difference at tbi

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Those "O" rings can be had for under a buck apiece. After I finnish my coffee I will see if I have the Part numbers in the garage.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks don't realize that O-rings are almost always a standard size part. The material varies--neoprene vs. Viton, for example. Viton preferred for most applications.

The diameter and the wall thickness determine which standard size the O-ring is.

I learned this when I was having problems with Holley needles 'n' seats. When the O-ring on the outside of the needle/seat assembly leaks, fuel level is uncontrollable. Holley doesn't sell the O-ring separately--gotta buy a needle/seat assembly, or a kit with O-ring, gasket, and screw.

I ordered Viton O-rings of the proper size, now I have a lifetime supply, even if I live to be five hundred years old. And since the Viton O-rings are much better than the Genuine Holley O-rings, I don't expect to ever have that problem again.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
OK I am done with my coffee, I found one GM number for the smaller of the two "o" rings, PN 22516256 and I use the FMSI PN 2880 For the larger one. I pay .42 cents for the 2880 it lists for .79 cents at my supply house. The GM number has been superseded i believe. I will have to do some digging to find out.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
OK, GMPartsGiant lists the "O" rings as follows.
Fuel feed;22514722 $1.50 each
Fuel return; 19258137 $3.31 each.
This is why I use the FMSI "O" rings. The next time I am at my supply house I will get the number for the FMSI fuel feed "O" ring

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep they're "just" o-rings but as Schurkey pointed out the material choice is important. With that in mind, I wouldn't trust the Dorman kit as far as I could throw it. Their rubber products are often not even good enough to call "inferior"

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A/C O-rings may/may not be compatible with gasoline.

Viton preferred. HBNR...not resistant to "aromatic" fuels/hydrocarbons.
www.marcorubber.com/hnbr-o-rings.htm
I've passed on a few parts trucks that were badly burnt from engine fires that looked like they started near the TBI. I imagine it's possible someone chose the wrong O-rings for the fuel lines or the adapters into the TBI unit (or simply didn't replace them when they were damaged.) Just a guess; you never know for sure. There were surely some good parts left on those trucks but I wasn't willing to pay what they wanted.

Richard