Vortec 454 Radiator side Oil Cooler O-rings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

After much digging I can’t find any information on replacement O rings for the oil cooler. It’s much hotter here in TX than when I lived in CA (I’m from TX so this isn’t a surprise) so I think it’s worth getting it back in action by pulling the plugs on the pan rail and reinstalling the cooler lines.

Does anyone know where to get the blasted O-rings for the cooler lines that thread into the radiator?

Thanks

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy,

After much digging I can’t find any information on replacement O rings for the oil cooler. It’s much hotter here in TX than when I lived in CA (I’m from TX so this isn’t a surprise) so I think it’s worth getting it back in action by pulling the plugs on the pan rail and reinstalling the cooler lines.

Does anyone know where to get the blasted O-rings for the cooler lines that thread into the radiator?

Thanks
I can look at what I have when I get home, but I think its just an inverse flare fitting from the hose to the radiator... no o-ring

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine had O-rings when I first found the leak years ago and despite trying multiple different O-rings from various kits I never found one that didn’t get shredded. Maybe I’ve been chasing someone else’s ”bubba” but I think I see references to them being there on both the SBC and BBC versions.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When I needed them, the dealer was cheap and in stock. Unfortunately I dont have a part number.

If you get new lines they should have new o-rings.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on what brand some come with new o rings some don't. What type fitting ? The type with a threaded nut that tightens onto raised flat on tube or the kind that slips in and is held in with a hairpin clip ?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year,make, model , eng . Remember we can't see what your working on. Yes, there all similar but not the same. I own 4 different GMT 400, trucks there all different.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm. Looking at o rings, what position, what type. It varies by eng , year, fitting.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 Chevy Suburban K2500 with the 454 (as in my signature) and it’s the screw in fittings, not the clip type. I’m also not getting new lines. I kept my old ones when I pulled it off for lack of sealing O-rings.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
1998 Chevy Suburban K2500 with the 454 (as in my signature) and it’s the screw in fittings, not the clip type. I’m also not getting new lines. I kept my old ones when I pulled it off for lack of sealing O-rings.

Had the lines already been replaced? The typical way they leak is at the factory crimps between the rubber and steel.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like I said, you'll get more info more answers if start with what your working on. The o ring ID is .426 If input the GM part number in Google you can have the exact specs or just order GM part it's well known. Here's a page it's takes about 2 minutes to find.
You must be registered for see images attach