Needing TBI o-ring help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cire

Reaction score
Good day,
can someone please confirm that I have the correct parts numbers before ordering. I seem to be getting multiple parts numbers and just want to get the correct items the first time. I am needing the two different sized o-rings that attach to the fuel lines that thread into the TBI unit. it’s for a 1990, C1500, 5.7. I believe the two I need are the 19258137 & 217452
Please & Thank you

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A good source for part numbers and size of o rings and hardware is " GM parts giant.com " you can just enter your VIN and check the sections to get to your part area. The part may not longer be carried by GM but the part number, and if it is a size your looking for it will be in the description. Many GM OE part numbers can be entered in a search engine bar, and get info on the part.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you asking about the flat plastic o-rings? If so, those aren't right. I needed a pair of those o-rings for my son's truck and the guys at O'Reilly thought I was insane when I kept telling them they weren't round rubber o-rings. I finally bought a TBI rebuild kit, and showed them the two flat plastic o-rings in the bottom of the box. I essentially paid $36 for two o-rings, but it fixed the leak.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Where are the plastic ones located? Between the threaded fitting and the TBI body? What I've seen between the hard line coupling nut and the fitting are round o-rings. I got replacements for them from NAPA or Carquest, can't remember which store was closer at the time. They had them already in a little package for that application. NAPA's part # for these pretty sure will be the CRB 218416 for $7 - https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB218416

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day,
can someone please confirm that I have the correct parts numbers before ordering. I seem to be getting multiple parts numbers and just want to get the correct items the first time. I am needing the two different sized o-rings that attach to the fuel lines that thread into the TBI unit. it’s for a 1990, C1500, 5.7. I believe the two I need are the 19258137 & 217452
Please & Thank you

Attachments

• C1500 88-91.pdf
    176.1 KB · Views: 11

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Items 40 and 41? No part numbers listed.

Or 30 and 37?

When it was me, I went to NAPA and bought a small package of TBI fuel system O-rings for an outrageously high price considering the size of the parts.
Yep. Currently around $7; I think I paid closer to $5 quite a few years ago. Relatively expensive for a couple o-rings but they were the correct parts and in the grand scheme of things a drop in the bucket. Link above in my prior reply..

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you need the flat washers that are in the throttle body fuel line adapters, not the fuel line O rings ?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OP hasn't returned to this thread since the first post, but it appears he checked in earlier today. I believe he was looking for the o-rings and not the plastic washers.