Vortec intake manifold pitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I too was scolded by a machinist for using the roloc discs on my block and heads. He said for a garage job use 320 grit on a block. My block's deck took on a whole different look after I followed my already roloc'd surface with 320 on a block. Much better looking. I'd do the same for this intake. I've had 100% success with silicone in this application myself on a much worse intake years ago, but I have grown partial to smearing JB weld in there and sanding flat. Seems it'd be an easier cleanup if a guy had to go back in there down the road.
Sounds pretty good but I'd wonder if the JB expands/contracts readily with the aluminum so it won't end up cracking loose? Maybe it wouldn't matter since it's essentially sandwiched in there with the gasket and would likely remain until next disassembly.

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good but I'd wonder if the JB expands/contracts readily with the aluminum so it won't end up cracking loose? Maybe it wouldn't matter since it's essentially sandwiched in there with the gasket and would likely remain until next disassembly.

Richard

I dunno, I'd heard it recommended in the past and tried it. Haven't sprung any leaks yet that I'm aware of. That's about all I can offer.