7.4 Vortec Intake Manifold Gasket Preferred Brands?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coothethird

Reaction score
Hello!

Are there preferred brands for intake manifold gaskets on the 7.4 Vortec's?

Any that have been found to last longer than others?

I am in the process of changing a set while changing injectors/reg. I wanted to see if anyone has found a preferred brand, or if any brands have lasted longer.

Also, I typically use beads of RTV on the front and back instead of the rubber type. Has anyone had an issue doing this?

Thanks!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I dont think Fel-Pro has declined like other previous high-end name brand parts.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
GM spec is to use loctite on the bolts. I'd hope, that if you do that, with Felpro gaskets, you won't have issues. I've got Felpros on my parts shelf, waiting on me for the same job.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely go with the rtv on the china walls, no issues here doing that with felpros.
I also used this stuff called gasoila on the lower bolts that seems to work great, just another option.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Definitely go with the rtv on the china walls, no issues here doing that with felpros.
I also used this stuff called gasoila on the lower bolts that seems to work great, just another option.

GM spec is thread locker, not a sealer. There are no threads into coolant on the stock heads.