Front wheels track wider than rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblockburb

Reaction score
I have a stock 1997 GMC suburban k2500 and the wheels stick out further in the front. I don’t really like the look and I don’t want to put spacers on the back. Anything I can do to suck the wheels in some?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. The front track is the width it has to be due to the design of the front differential, CV joints, suspension, etc. If you were talking about a 1500 2WD you could get narrowed control arms, those are offered for the lowered crowd.

A pair of high-quality bolt-on spacers for the rear are pretty much your only sensible option. It's a common aesthetic complaint on the 4x4 trucks.

Richard

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good quality spacers work great. My neighbor has them on his duramax for the same reason. He is constantly hauling tractors and large loads, probably has had them on for 5ish years.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a set of 1.5" hub centric spacers if you're interested. They cost me $81 new, I've never used them. (went with a pair of 2" on my 2500)
$70 plus shipping and they're yours.