Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny1398

Reaction score
Am I able to run “hub centric” wheel spacers on the rear to level out with the front wheel? Or do I have to run lug centric? Don’t see why it would be different but the brand I’m going with says the hub centric ones are for the front only.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheels that use conical seat lug nuts are lug centric and wheels that use straight shank or flat washer lug nuts are hub centric.

Are they spacers with lug studs installed? Or just thin spacers?

Jonny1398

Reaction score
Wheels that use conical seat lug nuts are lug centric and wheels that use straight shank or flat washer lug nuts are hub centric.

Are they spacers with lug studs installed? Or just thin spacers?
Studs installed, description states they are for the front only, if I buy all 4 as a kit, 2 are hub centric and two are lug

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Am I able to run “hub centric” wheel spacers on the rear to level out with the front wheel? Or do I have to run lug centric? Don’t see why it would be different but the brand I’m going with says the hub centric ones are for the front only.

I do just that.
2000 Yukon Denali 4x4. OE chrome wheels on front, rear have 1" hub centric spacers.
The track width would be more equal if thet were 1.25" but to my calibrated eyeball, they'd stick out too much.

Hub centric is best if you have OE wheels. They center properly, carry the cargo weight properly (as GM intended) on the hub flange not the lug stud.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only reason, on a half ton, for a lug centric spacer is with aftermarket wheels where the center bore of the wheel is different from the hub center of the hub flange.
Additionally, there also a reason aftermarket wheels have plastic centering spacers: to put all the weight of the vehicle/cargo on the hub flange, through to the wheel, to the ground. Not relying on the lug stud to carry said weight.