Moving front disk to rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was searching today for how to fit 15” wheels with gmt800 rear disk brakes. I came across several videos that junked the nbs rear disk and put a front disk from a gmt400 on the rear of a gmt800 with a bracket from some company.

I have a 14 bolt 9.5 im building, im thinking this could work. Just would still need the 60mm spacer to covert it just like its still a nbs swap. The videos just used stock front rotors and calipers.

The end goal would be rear disk brakes that fit 15” wheels. Id rather have an franken brake the grind on a brake caliper to make it clear

I havent committed to doing this yet, just an idea that came up today, 15” wheel just have more tire/wheel selection then 16”

Anyone ever do this or read about it?

I know that im asking about weird disk swap which which will inevitably summon Schurkey.
Yes i know i would lose the parking brake
Yes it would be using one of those brackets you flame everyone for using
This is not for an offroad, racing, daily, or commuter, so im willing to make a few sacrifices to get it to look the way I want

DesertRat828

Reaction score
I highly recommend this kit.

I opted for the upgraded master cylinder and the parking break caliper and all I can say is WOW!! I still can't believe how easy the install was and the difference in my stopping distance is amazing. It's also worth mentioning that at the same time I also installed all new stainless steel brake lines as well. But after install, the new disc and calipers just barely fit into my 15" Mickey Thompson wheels. Hope this helps