Flowmaster 40 or Thrush welded on Vortec 305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDude84

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thrushes are pretty quiet until you hit it, then its got the fairly typical SBC crackle. Thats through long tubes and no cats as well FYI.

None of its in super great shape, but if you're in northern IL you should come pick it all up from me lol. Its all gotta go when the 5.3 goes in.

That muffler sounds like the aero turbines that the dodge trucks use... not a bad sound, the aero chamber design has proving hp increases in regards to air flow. Did i hear you are getting rid of your LT's? What brand are they?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
My thrushes are pretty quiet until you hit it, then its got the fairly typical SBC crackle. Thats through long tubes and no cats as well FYI.

None of its in super great shape, but if you're in northern IL you should come pick it all up from me lol. Its all gotta go when the 5.3 goes in.

That muffler sounds like the aero turbines that the dodge trucks use... not a bad sound, the aero chamber design has proving hp increases in regards to air flow. Did i hear you are getting rid of your LT's? What brand are they?

I'll be getting rid of everything bolted to the motor. lol No idea what they are they came with the truck, but aside from the fact that the back bolt on CYL 1 is missing, they fit pretty good from what I can tell.

98silverado98

Reaction score
i have a dual 2.5" in and 3" single out, perfect deep tone sound, it mid loud not very loud and annoying like "Blowmasters" and it performance well, drone is good in cab not annoyingly loud in cab, it good sound that you'll like