Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
My old 93 with 6" 35s
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Ragged Out Z71

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yeah that second pic you posted of Sullys truck is such a perfect stance with them mirrors

If you wanna wait a couple months im gonna have some on mine with 6" and 33s if i dont get the 37s before they arrive

411Rocket

Reaction score
My first post.

I just ordered these mirrors for my 99 Suburban. Found this thread when looking to see how people connected the heat up. After reading through I feel I can offer some of you a suggestion for an easier install of the signal lights.

Do a search for "3-wire to 2-wire tail light converter". It is a little black box used to convert cars with amber turn signals to wire up standard trailer lights. I believe there is a connection in the convenience center for connecting clearance lights, if not under the dash you will have a brown wire that is the 12v supply for marker and parking lights. Connect that wire to the "Brake" input of the converter. Connect the turn signal inputs as marked. Light blue to left input, dark blue to right input. Connect the ground wire of the mirror lights to ground. The outputs will go to the mirror + connectors. You will now have running lights with turn signals.

This is a much cleaner install than hacking up the harness and can be done with regular wire taps.

Great Idea for the light issue. Conversion wiring in a protective case.

But I have a question for those, adding the heated variant of the mirrors, to trucks without the non heated harness. Was the old connector spliced in place of the 6 wire connector & new wires run, or was there another workaround used. I am currently looking at a set of these & want to go with the heated option, as I also spend time in cold temps (more so when in the praries).

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Great Idea for the light issue. Conversion wiring in a protective case.

But I have a question for those, adding the heated variant of the mirrors, to trucks without the non heated harness. Was the old connector spliced in place of the 6 wire connector & new wires run, or was there another workaround used. I am currently looking at a set of these & want to go with the heated option, as I also spend time in cold temps (more so when in the praries).

You can either switch the plastic piece of the plug with the one on your mirrors and run wires or go to the junkyard and get the plug from the truck to plug into the mirrors and run tge wire into that and pin it

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
What is wrong with yours? maybe you can buy a replacement for the pass side of a gmt800 and swap bases.

Anyone got a pic of an ECSB with 6" lift and 33s with tows...

I want some, but I don't want people to laugh because my truck will look like this kid

outer housing is missing a big chunk and the top glass is missing a big chunk

and ryan heres my 96 leveld with a 2 inch body lift and tows

my 98 with a 3 inch body and a aal leveled on 33s

Last edited:

black97305

Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to get just power glass? Cheapest i have found them is $196 + shipping and whatever else they tack on.

And can I get some more specs on that 96 thats kinda the look I'm goin for.

Last edited:

black97305

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that but thought I would ask here too hoping that there might be a place that has the same mirrors cheaper to be able to open up more money for other modifications.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
eBay is going to be the cheapest place. Other vendors charge a huge amount of markup. You would pay 250-300+ elsewhere.