Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya that box will fix that or you can build a diode circuit like Dave explains at the beginning if the thread. That's basically what the box does as well.

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Ya that box will fix that or you can build a diode circuit like Dave explains at the beginning if the thread. That's basically what the box does as well.

What would happen if I split the power to the mirror between the park and turn wires?

The wiring instructions that came with the mirrors is junk...

sent from Rustbucket

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't work. The problem is the mirrors only have a power an ground. The bulbs in the park light an tail lights are dual filament, so one wire an filament is park an the other is for turn signal. They are two separate circuits. The reason they don't blink when the headlights are on is because the park power is backfeeding an keeping it on when the turn is off. That's what the diode is for, to stop the backfeed...

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
It won't work. The problem is the mirrors only have a power an ground. The bulbs in the park light an tail lights are dual filament, so one wire an filament is park an the other is for turn signal. They are two separate circuits. The reason they don't blink when the headlights are on is because the park power is backfeeding an keeping it on when the turn is off. That's what the diode is for, to stop the backfeed...

Thanks for the info. Should be fairly easy to add one of those 3-2 deals when and if I order one...

sent from Rustbucket

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya you can build that or pay $10 for that box in the link that does the same thing. Then all ya gotta do is hook up wires...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me its worth the money for the simplicity to just hook up 5 wires rather than spend the time building it. Time is money too :D

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is my truck not lifted enough to pull off these mirrors? Towing a small 4x8 trailer sucks. I cannot see the trailer at all in my OEM mirrors nor can I see it with the rear view mirror. Back up is impossible. I just dont want these mirrors to look to big on my Hoe.

You must be registered for see images attach