Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbodyfan

Reaction score
Does anybody have a pic of were the mirror glass mounts in the mirror? I want to do some looking to see if i can find a whole aftermarket led lense for mine? I'm hoping an aftermarket mirror lense has the same mount as the mirrors for our trucks

Also what brand are the mirrors, kool view, tyc?

Last edited:

BigV

Reaction score
My first post.

I just ordered these mirrors for my 99 Suburban. Found this thread when looking to see how people connected the heat up. After reading through I feel I can offer some of you a suggestion for an easier install of the signal lights.

Do a search for "3-wire to 2-wire tail light converter". It is a little black box used to convert cars with amber turn signals to wire up standard trailer lights. I believe there is a connection in the convenience center for connecting clearance lights, if not under the dash you will have a brown wire that is the 12v supply for marker and parking lights. Connect that wire to the "Brake" input of the converter. Connect the turn signal inputs as marked. Light blue to left input, dark blue to right input. Connect the ground wire of the mirror lights to ground. The outputs will go to the mirror + connectors. You will now have running lights with turn signals.

This is a much cleaner install than hacking up the harness and can be done with regular wire taps.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brilliantly simple idea there. I will hopefully remember that when I get my mirrors :rofl:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any idea on what to use to glue the lens back together to the backing? i finnaly orderd and got led strips to fix the one i mesd up and dont want it to fall apart

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
any idea on what to use to glue the lens back together to the backing? i finnaly orderd and got led strips to fix the one i mesd up and dont want it to fall apart

You must be registered for see images attach

I would say any cyanoacrylate would work. We only use loctite for the most part.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
foundon a thread on glueing the nnbs headlights backtogether guy used clear silicone glue by ge. may go pick some up tomorrow after work

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
My first post.

I just ordered these mirrors for my 99 Suburban. Found this thread when looking to see how people connected the heat up. After reading through I feel I can offer some of you a suggestion for an easier install of the signal lights.

Do a search for "3-wire to 2-wire tail light converter". It is a little black box used to convert cars with amber turn signals to wire up standard trailer lights. I believe there is a connection in the convenience center for connecting clearance lights, if not under the dash you will have a brown wire that is the 12v supply for marker and parking lights. Connect that wire to the "Brake" input of the converter. Connect the turn signal inputs as marked. Light blue to left input, dark blue to right input. Connect the ground wire of the mirror lights to ground. The outputs will go to the mirror + connectors. You will now have running lights with turn signals.

This is a much cleaner install than hacking up the harness and can be done with regular wire taps.

That is an option for sure. It's the same concept as what I did (they are just big diode boxes) but I assure you my install isn't "hacked" although I can't say that about other people's install methods.

Sent from my big block powered HTC gas guzzler.

BigV

Reaction score
Sorry if that sounded off. By Hacking I meant cut up. I'm not a big fan of cutting factory wires. Not a big fan of the taps either but sometimes you have to choose the lesser evil.

Another cheap trick to try. I just did a mod for our safety truck. I ordered in these diode packs and connected up one of these LED strobe controllers to all the turn signals. All the turn signals had been replaced with LED's. Using the diode packs keeps the signal from backfeeding. Makes the truck stand out much more than just the 4-way flashers.