Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Sorry if that sounded off. By Hacking I meant cut up. I'm not a big fan of cutting factory wires. Not a big fan of the taps either but sometimes you have to choose the lesser evil.

Another cheap trick to try. I just did a mod for our safety truck. I ordered in these diode packs and connected up one of these LED strobe controllers to all the turn signals. All the turn signals had been replaced with LED's. Using the diode packs keeps the signal from backfeeding. Makes the truck stand out much more than just the 4-way flashers.
No worries :handshake: I know plenty of people who cut, twist and tape things, shove wires places, etc. If you go back through my thread I had to build a power mirror harness because 88-94 trucks never were offered with power mirrors. I also re-pinned the mirror plugs as well. All my connections use soldier and heat shrink. I have no fear on cutting factory wires, my harness has been modified so much now it doesn't even matter anymore. I had to re-wire the entire engine harness for the motor swap, i put PWDL in, overhead console, rewired the cluster for newer gauges, full frontal lighting harness was custom built, etc.

Thos diode packs are neat, same thing has the larger box just in a single light form. I've seen them before but have not used them.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
One look under the dash of my 1993 (former plow truck) would have had most of you guys rolling your eyes and running for cover. Aux reverse lights were hacked in, wires everywhere... it was such a nightmare I only half fixed it when I repurposed the circuit for my HID off-road lights. Still makes me shudder thinking about it.

Fowlkes57

Reaction score
Hey! My truck kinda looks like yours... lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Fowlkes57

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering where you got the mount for your cb antennas? Ive been looking around and i cant find them anywhere.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Terry, if you do some searching I've seen the same set you're looking at for $209 shipped if you wanted to save about $30.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Terry, if you do some searching I've seen the same set you're looking at for $209 shipped if you wanted to save about $30.

thanks man,, i ordered them a few days ago for 227.00,, oh well,, lol thanks for letting me know tho!

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet, another one got the mirrors with lights! How are you planning on wiring yours up?

Lol.. they are definitely going to be marker lights and turn signals.. so ill probably just tap into the front corner lights