Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, wondering how the backup lights are on them too. Cant wait for my set to come in. Ill worry about wiring later when theres more wiring info out there to go by.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they get power heated versions for the 88-98 base. Times like this, I wish I had a base model truck, instead of my 8-pin.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
So repin to whatever you want.

If only I was that resourceful. I have this weird contradiction in my head - because I have heated mirrors stock, I have to replace it with such. I know.. makes zero sense.. don't ask. Electronics and wiring, and me, don't get along. So I'll either wait for power heated options on the 88-98 base, or go with the GMT800 style mirrors... unless there is K2XX style mirrors, with 88-98 base, with an 8 pin connection.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You put your existing 8 pin onto the new mirrors regardless of what they come installed with. No cutting required.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
You put your existing 8 pin onto the new mirrors regardless of what they come installed with. No cutting required.

So you're saying just swap the 8 pin off my current mirrors, onto the new mirrors? Or that any size clip on the mirrors (male) will fit into the 8-pin clip (female) on the harness side?
Sorry if I seem dense, and thats a dumb question - I can do a lot of things myself, but for whatever reason... electronics/wires/clips escape me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Each wire had a tang that snaps it into the plug. Push that tang back and the wire slides out terminal and all. Push the tang back out and it snaps into the other plug. My truck has 4 pin plugs and the mirrors had 6 pin plugs, so I swapped the GM 4 pin plug onto the aftermarket mirror exactly as I'VE indicated above.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Each wire had a tang that snaps it into the plug. Push that tang back and the wire slides out terminal and all. Push the tang back out and it snaps into the other plug. My truck has 4 pin plugs and the mirrors had 6 pin plugs, so I swapped the GM 4 pin plug onto the aftermarket mirror exactly as I'VE indicated above.

Makes sense, thank you. They just have to be put back into the slot it coordinates with position wise on the harness end.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just ordered 2 sets of mirrors! the power old style ones for the base and the loaded k2xx with the 99-02 base, going to swap and sell other set.....shipped today, excited to see how they look

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
just ordered 2 sets of mirrors! the power old style ones for the base and the loaded k2xx with the 99-02 base, going to swap and sell other set.....shipped today, excited to see how they look
What mirrors are going on the 99-02 base? I might buy them from you

sent from my glade air freshner