finally bought a new head unit but im lost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sooooo I finally bought a new head unit from best buy. I got kdc-348 I model. Im a little confused as to how to set hpf and lpf settings. I know how to adjust it..just dunno what im adjusting and or what it should be set to lol

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Sooooo I finally bought a new head unit from best buy. I got kdc-348 I model. Im a little confused as to how to set hpf and lpf settings. I know how to adjust it..just dunno what im adjusting and or what it should be set to lol
Like bulldog said do you have a sub and amp, or is it just the door speakers / rear rocker speakers? And Im sure you know what high pass and low pass is but if you dont: low pass frequency is for bass, and high pass frequency is more for vocal and higher notes in the music. Also do you have stock speakers? If not how many "Ways" are your speakers? 2 way speakers are better for an all around bass / vocal combo, 3 way speakers are more towards the vocal side with some bass, and 4 way speakers are mostly vocals with hardly any bass. (4 way speakers are best if you have a sub and amp.) but any ways your low/high frequencies should be adjusted to what sounds the best to you so just play with adjusting them some. For more helpful feed back it would be easier for us to help you if you gave us a little more info on your system ;)

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just rocking the dash speakers. They were 2 ways. Im ordering my subs and amp this week.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mess with the settings once its all installed i'll write down what the settings are at on my kenwood for you to try and see if your happy with the sound

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ordered. hopefully itll be here by the weekend and i'll strip the front bench seat out and wire it all in.