Factory or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Wish I could find covers for them. And the backs are horrible, I wanted to put monitors in the head rests but I can't. I'll post a pic so you can see.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'Flexsteel' has been around forever & a day. Popular seats back in the 'Boogie Van' days. Great frame work, decent foam, but sadly lacking in the spring design. Those are usually made of reinforced plastic 1/2" wide straps such as what's used to wrap around boxes during shipping. Junk.
There may be a model number somewhere on the frame or on a tag sewn & hidden on the cover somewhere. You may be able to get new covers from 'Flexsteel', if you can quote the model/style number. They use a generic (to them) frame with a multitude of different foam shapes & cover materials & designs.
If you go this route, before replacing the covers, eliminate those 'springs' & replace them with 2" wide webbing, which can be stretched to whatever comfort level you prefer.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
'Flexsteel' has been around forever & a day. Popular seats back in the 'Boogie Van' days. Great frame work, decent foam, but sadly lacking in the spring design. Those are usually made of reinforced plastic 1/2" wide straps such as what's used to wrap around boxes during shipping. Junk.
There may be a model number somewhere on the frame or on a tag sewn & hidden on the cover somewhere. You may be able to get new covers from 'Flexsteel', if you can quote the model/style number. They use a generic (to them) frame with a multitude of different foam shapes & cover materials & designs.
If you go this route, before replacing the covers, eliminate those 'springs' & replace them with 2" wide webbing, which can be stretched to whatever comfort level you prefer.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like something to look into.

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
customisers in hagerstown maryland did conversions on tons of these trucks wouldn;t suprise me if they put them in when new

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Might be possible, but the place I bough the truck from got it at an auction somewhere around Seaford, Delaware. I found a bunch of mail from the original owner behind the bench seat lol. Along with Charlie Pride's Greatest Hits.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
those were not cheap seats, i could have bought a used set back in 95 or 96 for $1500 and that was a heck of deal then, they had made direct fit seats back then and i think the geneva custom package my local dealer had at the time had used those seats