Exhaust cut-out/cat delete project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
We don't have emissions testing here either, just a visual inspection but the law clearly states that all vehicles must be equipped with a muffler and no exhaust cut-outs. What type of muffler is not specified, as long as it has something under it, hence the flowmaster 10s lol. And cops WILL stick their head under it and look if you roll by a little too much on the loud side.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Not to derail but did some c1500 come without cats. Answer my question and then let me follow up. Them you can bash...

Nope.

edit* nevermind, saw it's been answered a couple times after I read the first post.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you want to get technical federal law states that all standard emmision equipment that came on a vehicle has to be there at all times even if you have a junker in the yard the stuffs still suppost to be there.... so naturally no one id going to enforce it it would take too long to write all the fines for it.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, bad news guys. My good buddy pointed out to me that doing this with stock valves could be bad for the engine. His reasoning was that with nothing between the cutout and the cylinders but pipes and valves, the engine could easily suck air backwards and break the valves. Then the valves flying around in the cylinder would cause more damage. I looked it up and there's a lot of stuff to support him. The risk is too great for the reward IMO. I'd love to do this, but for now, I think I'll put either a straight pipe, or a flow master muffler in its place. If anyone else wants to do this exhaust cut-out project, feel free to use this thread to show us your build.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's funny :rofl: your valves will be just fine, but whatever....