cutting out the cat on a 92, room to remove?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwcopple

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i Sawzall out the cat on the K1500 XC, is there room to wiggle it out past the remainder of the exhaust or do I need to remove everything rear of it first? Seems like it could be a challenge due to the crossrails. Lemme know!

Flatcap

Reaction score
I am busy right now on the exhaust of my K1500 and I think you will struggle big time without removing everything after the cat.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure he means, if you make straight cuts on each side of the cat, why wouldn't it come straight down? Barring crossmember or other components keeping it from dropping.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try it and find out.

torsion bars are in the way, as well as the framework that holds them.
Why are you asking us? You can see what needs to be done.

Instructions for making an elephant sculpture: Get a big rock, chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

Instructions for cutting the cat out of your truck: Get under there, cut the pipe ahead and behind the cat, then remove everything in the way until you can wiggle the thing out, or it falls on the ground.

Seems to me that you don't need "advice", you need to get angry and start accomplishing your goal.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Seems to me that you don't need "advice", you need to get angry and start accomplishing your goal.
Or get your wallet out and take it to someone that will do it for you.