Euro Amber Corners for 94+ Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
If you can find the style you want in clear, they can be made amber, similar to making amber into smoked lenses.

If you approach a custom mix paint shop, they can mix a small percentage of orange pigment in clear coat, basically an orange 'candy'. I would start with around 8-10% orange pigment ratio, with the balance clear.

Clean the lenses with soap and water, then carefully wet sand the lens with p600 or P800 grit. Spray your candy mix on the lens and you will have your amber. May take a few coats to get the color you want.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can find the style you want in clear, they can be made amber, similar to making amber or smoked lenses.

If you approach a custom mix paint shop, they can mix a small percentage of orange pigment in clear coat, basically an orange 'candy'. I would start with around 8-10% orange pigment ratio, with the balance clear.

Clean the lenses with soap and water, then carefully wet sand the lens with p600 or P800 grit. Spray your candy mix on the lens and you will have your amber. May take a few coats to get the color you want.

Man, I have no idea why this slipped my mind entirely. I've actually taken a pair of tail lights to the body shop, don't know why I never thought of taking some clear corners up there!

I tried this approach myself on a set of clears once before, but I screwed up the prep and they turned out terrible looking. I bet a body shop could knock them out real quick, though.

Thanks for the info Michael! Jump started my brain.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
One thing to watch is a lot of plastics are solvent sensitive, when I sprayed my tail lights with 2K auto clear, I used only about 1/3rd of the solvent recommended and sprayed at a higher pressure than normal to atomize the particles finer.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
For anyone else interested in this approach, here's some clears with an almost identical reflector pattern to the amber ones we're looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1998-C...ash=item20ece4c587:g:U-oAAOSw1ZBUvoOd&vxp=mtr

Here's a thought.... given there are a bunch of people looking to get the same corners in amber, why not compile a list, and approach them all for $$. Buy a bunch of sets, get them all sprayed at the same time, then package them up for shipping to the new owners.

If each set was priced around $ 50 tinted and shipped, I bet with 6 or 8 pre-ordered sets you can easily get them sprayed and pay the postage.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a thought.... given there are a bunch of people looking to get the same corners in amber, why not compile a list, and approach them all for $$. Buy a bunch of sets, get them all sprayed at the same time, then package them up for shipping to the new owners.

If each set was priced around $ 50 tinted and shipped, I bet with 6 or 8 pre-ordered sets you can easily get them sprayed and pay the postage.

Now there's an idea...

I'll crunch some numbers over the next few days. I'm on it.

EDIT - To clarify, no need to contact me yet if you want a set. I'll probably end up just buying five or ten sets and getting them sprayed, then sell them off as needed to test the waters. I don't really feel comfortable taking money from anyone until I have product in hand ready to ship.

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Now there's an idea...

Not saying you have to accept some risk, but it's something to think about. On a few other forums, avid DIY's have done the exact same thing, approach a MFR about a 'group buy', often lowering the prices of a large volume of product 30%. Win-Win for the MFR, big chunk of capital up front, paid in full, and the end user benefits from a lower price.

Of course, someone must be intermediary and follow through on shipping. ( have to have time and space, etc )

Just a thought. Even if no one else wants to join in, getting a few more sets sprayed is not going to be terribly more expensive than one set. You could always sell them back on the 'bay.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not saying you have to accept some risk, but it's something to think about. On a few other forums, avid DIY's have done the exact same thing, approach a MFR about a 'group buy', often lowering the prices of a large volume of product 30%. Win-Win for the MFR, big chunk of capital up front, paid in full, and the end user benefits from a lower price.

Of course, someone must be intermediary and follow through on shipping. ( have to have time and space, etc )

Just a thought. Even if no one else wants to join in, getting a few more sets sprayed is not going to be terribly more expensive than one set. You could always sell them back on the 'bay.

:lol: Just edited my post to cover some of this. I'll probably just buy a small quantity of sets myself and have them sprayed.

I've actually tried contacting Sonar (The parent company that made these amber corners) but they never responded to me unfortunately. Suppose I could try again...

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Now there's an idea...

EDIT - To clarify, no need to contact me yet if you want a set. I'll probably end up just buying five or ten sets and getting them sprayed, then sell them off as needed to test the waters. I don't really feel comfortable taking money from anyone until I have product in hand ready to ship.

If or when you do this you can put me down for a set of GMC lenses and a set of Chevy lenses, I bet if you contacted Sonar with a list of orders you could probably buy your own supply; I know I would be down for a few sets just to hold on to;

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If or when you do this you can put me down for a set of GMC lenses and a set of Chevy lenses, I bet if you contacted Sonar with a list of orders you could probably buy your own supply; I know I would be down for a few sets just to hold on to;

Oh I'm definitely keeping a set or two!

I'm only planning on doing 94+ Chevy corners at the moment, but I'll update if I change plans on that. I'll make sure you get in on it regardless.